Site Down

• 11 replies
Site Down
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
My apologies, was running some updates and some code broke. Got everything fixed and we're good to go. I'll be running a lot more upgrades before the season starts but shouldn't effect your browsing. Just wanted to let you know everything is safe
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Site Down
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
I almost tweeted you to ask if Kyle Anderson had in fact committed to us, would the site still have gone down "randomly", but decided against it.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:03 PM »
haha at first I thought it was due to everyone logging in at once when he made his announcement but it wasn't. Kind of ironic about the timing.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
At least we had Redmen.com to vent on all day...

redslope

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »
Dave, thanks for getting us back up so quick.  I thought it was due to the number of comments arising from the past w/e's news

Gumby

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Dave,

I was worried about you and the site.

First you did not show up at our "JJ in the Desert" Party (formerly called the "Welcome to St. John's, KA" Party and then the site goes down.

I thought maybe the SH website folks had you captive for some reason.

On a serious note, thanks for keeping the KA site professional throughout.

Personally, I thought any one with a "Vinny Chase" nickname was going to Vinny Chase land- UCLA.

Why does my font size change on the site every so often?

Keep up the good work!

Moose

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
Dave,

First you did not show up at our "JJ in the Desert" Party (formerly called the "Welcome to St. John's, KA" Party and then the site goes down.

Personally, I thought any one with a "Vinny Chase" nickname was going to Vinny Chase land- UCLA.

Keep up the good work!

Wait.  Your saying now you thought he was going to UCLA because of his Vinny Chase moniker on Twitter?  Your the same person who was having a 'party' in AZ celebrating Kyle's verbal to STJ?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
Idk the font did change though. I'm redoing the whole forum before the season anyways.

LoganK

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »
Dave,

Keep up the good work!

Wait.  Your saying now you thought he was going to UCLA because of his Vinny Chase moniker on Twitter?  Your the same person who was having a 'party' in AZ celebrating Kyle's verbal to STJ?

Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found that comment to be a little hypocritical...thought I was imagining things.  That being said I did appreciate Gumby's optimism throughout the process, but you can't then go back and say you thought he'd be at UCLA all along  :P

Gumby

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 02:18:34 AM »
Dave,

Keep up the good work!

Someone had to show some support for KA coming to us.  There was always hope. 

All along I thought he would come to us because of his family, as he had mentioned that a few times.  The "Vinny Chase" thing bothered me.  If you watched "Entourage" how many times did Vinny have his Mom out to see him in LA? Zippo, I think, so much for family!

Back to the party, we did party on Tuesday.  First with a stop at Grimaldi's for pizza.  Yes, the Brooklyn Grimaldi's is in AZ.  Then several of us Alumni continued the party else where.  KA was just an excuse to party. By the way, my Coach Lavin bobblehead has been relegated to our garage.

Gumby

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 02:31:50 AM »
Dave,

Keep up the good work!

Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found that comment to be a little hypocritical...thought I was imagining things.  That being said I did appreciate Gumby's optimism throughout the process, but you can't then go back and say you thought he'd be at UCLA all along  :P

Logan, I was just trying to keep my spirits and anyone else spirits up.  Collectively, we seem to sense he was not coming to St. John's. Not getting a H/V was troubling I think to most of us. Why were we left out?  It could not be a good omen.

By the way, I was in LA when KA was there.  It was glorious out there.   The UCLA is great, but I like the USC campus better.

I always had us 1-2 with UCLA.  I believed we were #1 until the H/V situation.

Sorry, if you thought I was riding the fence, but my mind said UCLA at the end, while my heart wanted it to be St. John's.  Can you understand that?

We still had our party, just changed the name.

LoganK

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 08:53:42 AM »
Dave,

Keep up the good work!

Logan, I was just trying to keep my spirits and anyone else spirits up.  Collectively, we seem to sense he was not coming to St. John's. Not getting a H/V was troubling I think to most of us. Why were we left out?  It could not be a good omen.

By the way, I was in LA when KA was there.  It was glorious out there.   The UCLA is great, but I like the USC campus better.

I always had us 1-2 with UCLA.  I believed we were #1 until the H/V situation.

Sorry, if you thought I was riding the fence, but my mind said UCLA at the end, while my heart wanted it to be St. John's.  Can you understand that?

We still had our party, just changed the name.

I definitely understand wanting it to have been us, I would hope we all wanted that (aside from CR and hoyahooligan, and apparently realfan).  Like I said, it was nice to have that optimism in the face of what appeared to be a lost cause if we believed what we were hearing the last couple of weeks.  The Vinny Chase thing always seemed a little odd to me.  I figured it either meant he wanted to be in Hollywood, or he was eating up feeling like the center of attention (both things I wasn't too thrilled about), but I just pretended it was nothing so I could convince myself he would end up here.  Then again I don't really understand how to read twitter posts so i may not have even realized that was his tag or whatever.  I also planned on attending the commitment party out there in the desert (in spirit only, no way I can afford that, lol).  Oh well, here's to our next commitment party for the next top recruit we bring in.