should Pelle and Garrett sit out this year?

• 31 replies
Re: should Pelle and Garrett sit out this year?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »
Jumbo this isn't your first run in with a member of the community. Respect the opinions of others, don't lash out, and keep your focus on the topic you started.

Choz is a very valuable member of the community here and brings great wisdom and insight into a lot of things.

Anyways back to the topic... Ideally St. John's would like to get bodies back as soon as possible. If they could have got these guys in they would but they didn't. Derwin Kitchen wanted to be a Johnny probably more so than Amir Garrett does but he was never able to. It might happen here who knows?

As for Pelle, his reputation is that he doesn't have much focus for anything. So to say he is "firmly committed" is very questionable. He's very talented but he needs to learn how to channel that and reach his potential.

First, when did I ever have another run in with someone else on this board?

He called me son, so I called him old man.  His comments were disrespectful towards me and my intelligence, so I did the same thing back to him.  I see no fault in that.

MCNPA

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »
Back to the topic.  If Amir can get eligible this year, he should and we should welcome him with open arms.  If he needs the whole year, and can come in 2012, then I'm fine with that too.  He has emphatically confirmed his commitment to SJU.  He also has the luxury of being a baseball pro and almost millionaire now.  He can take this time to work on his grades, some baseball as well as his bball season without needing AAU pressures.  Whether 2011 or 2012, would be great to see Amir aboard.  It would be preferable for him to be he second semester, because he'll be that much better entering next year, not to mention grabbing a lot of PT and helping us this year.

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
I am so tired of losing. This has been an awful few weeks. Maybe the worst ever. I knew this might be a rough year but I was hoping we would fight for s tourney birth. Hopefully at least one guys comes back. you can compete with 8.

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
Jumbo this isn't your first run in with a member of the community. Respect the opinions of others, don't lash out, and keep your focus on the topic you started.

Choz is a very valuable member of the community here and brings great wisdom and insight into a lot of things.

Anyways back to the topic... Ideally St. John's would like to get bodies back as soon as possible. If they could have got these guys in they would but they didn't. Derwin Kitchen wanted to be a Johnny probably more so than Amir Garrett does but he was never able to. It might happen here who knows?

As for Pelle, his reputation is that he doesn't have much focus for anything. So to say he is "firmly committed" is very questionable. He's very talented but he needs to learn how to channel that and reach his potential.

First, when did I ever have another run in with someone else on this board?

He called me son, so I called him old man.  His comments were disrespectful towards me and my intelligence, so I did the same thing back to him.  I see no fault in that.
Actually Jumbo, "old man" is disrespectful.  If choz called you son, then that makes him your "Daddy."  So like Pedro with the Yanks, I think you should "Call Choz your Daddy." - Psych!  :uglystupid2:

btw, Norvel is still bummin' on Twitter - he will not reply to or post anything having to do with #stjbb - I hope he gets it together, dusts himself off, and gets himself in gear school-wise.  The clock is tickin', and I think it looks bleak for the home team on this one...

LJSA

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
btw, Norvel is still bummin' on Twitter - he will not reply to or post anything having to do with #stjbb - I hope he gets it together, dusts himself off, and gets himself in gear school-wise.  The clock is tickin', and I think it looks bleak for the home team on this one...

If he's not in some sort of school somewhere by now he's not going anywhere.

ras

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »
What I dont understand about Pelle is even if he doesnt want to go to SJU(which I am not saying is the case) Why not enroll in a school and get qualified so he can pusue his BB career.

Poison

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
I am so tired of losing. This has been an awful few weeks. Maybe the worst ever. I knew this might be a rough year but I was hoping we would fight for s tourney birth. Hopefully at least one guys comes back. you can compete with 8.

Seriously, the worst ever? Do you have amnesia? :)

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »
In the past I knew we sucked and accepted it. This year my hopes were high. I was planning a trip to Duke. Final 4 in the next few years.

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »

Ironically, the Terps were looking at only 8 scholly players this season with Gary's retirement and the fallout.  Luckily, Gary and Rob Ehsan had already begun talking with Olexiy Len about coming in from the Ukraine, so it's a little different now. But 4 walk-ons (and maybe one more coming), and Turge has a fighter's chance of spelling some possibly overworked players.  MD has a bigger pool of walk-ons to add, but I hope there's at least one or two more walk-ons that can contribute a few minutes and fouls down low every game.  Otherwise, God'sgift and Moe are going to be exhausted.  And - At least the guys on the Storm are seriously talented!

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »
At this point, I'm not expecting Pelle to ever show up.

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »

Ironically, the Terps were looking at only 8 scholly players this season with Gary's retirement and the fallout.  Luckily, Gary and Rob Ehsan had already begun talking with Olexiy Len about coming in from the Ukraine, so it's a little different now. But 4 walk-ons (and maybe one more coming), and Turge has a fighter's chance of spelling some possibly overworked players.  MD has a bigger pool of walk-ons to add, but I hope there's at least one or two more walk-ons that can contribute a few minutes and fouls down low every game.  Otherwise, God'sgift and Moe are going to be exhausted.  And - At least the guys on the Storm are seriously talented!

Has Len been cleared?  I thought he was on the same list of those with eligibility issues as the Kansas, Louisville and STJ kids in that recent article.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 03:56:31 PM »
No reason to redshirt these guys. Amir with baseball contract highly Unlikely to stay 5 yrs. and I doubt Pelle would last 5 yrs. Only reason to redshirt anyone is to have an extra year of eligibility for them.