St. John's vs Lehigh - Pregame Links

• 6 replies
St. John's vs Lehigh - Pregame Links
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »
As a pregame video played above center court at Carnesecca Arena on Monday night, the members of the St. John’s men’s basketball team twisted their necks and gawked. For all but one of them, it was their first Division I basketball game. They needed somewhere to turn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaabasketball/st-johns-lavin-stays-connected-to-team-while-recuperating.html?_r=1
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: St. John's vs Lehigh - Pregame Links
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:43:35 AM »
St. John’s coach Steve Lavin, who underwent successful cancer prostate surgery on Oct. 6, returned to practice yesterday. But his status for tonight’s game against Lehigh in Carnesecca Arena in the 2K Sports Classic remains uncertain.
When Lavin showed up for practice he was greeted with hugs, high fives, hooting and hollering. And that was just from the assistant coaches. The players also were delighted.
Lavin made it through a solid three-hour practice. Since it was the most strenuous excursion he has had since the surgery, Lavin is waiting to see how he feels today before making a decision on tonight’s game against Lehigh, which will make its season debut.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/lavin_back_at_practice_may_coach_p0ExGjycrg5ienM1txnzuJ#ixzz1dDBHpYcF
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »
St. John's continues college basketball's opening week with a 7 pm matchup against Bethlehem, PA's Lehigh Mountain Hawks.  After riding an explosive and turnover-free second half to a 74-59 victory over William & Mary, the Johnnies hope to apply a full 40 minutes of pressure defense, and give the home crowd something to cheer about.

The recovering Steve Lavin is closer to a return to coaching activities, coming by St. John's practice yesterday. For now, the Red Storm are learning from the staff, with Mike Dunlap as their head man. But fans and players alike are waiting for the ebullient personality and Lavin Lines of the coach to return.

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2011/11/9/2548117/preview-st-johns-basketball-vs-lehigh-mountain-hawks
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:43:06 PM »
St. John’s gave their fans a little bit of everything Monday night in their season opener against William & Mary: A sluggish start, struggles at the free throw line, and ultimately twenty perfect minutes during the second half on their way to a 74-59 victory.

Nurideen Lindsey’s 17 second-half points ignited a defensive showcase that forced 21 turnovers, with four players in double figures and a seven-man rotation that outlasted the Tribe for 40 minutes.

The show goes on no less than 48 hours after the collegiate debuts of all but one of the Red Storm players, with Patriot League foe Lehigh next up on St. John’s schedule in what will continue the preliminary round of the 2K Sports Classic.

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/calm-before-the-storm/st-johns-takes-on-lehigh-in-game-two-of-2k-classic/

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:10:44 PM »
is  this game on tv? sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, but looking through my channel guide i didn't see it anywhere.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »
is  this game on tv? sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, but looking through my channel guide i didn't see it anywhere.

TV and Radio information is always listed in pre game articles on johnnyjungle.com

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »

espn2
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.