Redstormsports.com-Are they ever...

• 28 replies

Moose

Re: Redstormsports.com-Are they ever...
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
It is November 2nd and they have still not updated the website.

Borderline pathetic.

I have a theory that because of the 3 ineligible kids they are reluctant to update the roster until they confirm if any will be here in December.

Just a thought.

I thought that too but it takes minutes to update.  Definitely baffling.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »

Borderline pathetic.

I have a theory that because of the 3 ineligible kids they are reluctant to update the roster until they confirm if any will be here in December.

Just a thought.

Well I think they don't want to post such a thin roster with so few players especially without all the walk-ons officially added because they may view that as a bit embarrassing.  I don't know.

It is what it is.  But to be entering your first official game and the official school website does not have this year's roster or bios of the players up at this point is just pathetic let alone still have guys like Dwight Hardy and others who are no longer part of the roster.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 04:42:27 PM »

Borderline pathetic.

Just a thought.

Well I think they don't want to post such a thin roster with so few players especially without all the walk-ons officially added because they may view that as a bit embarrassing.  I don't know.

It is what it is.  But to be entering your first official game and the official school website does not have this year's roster or bios of the players up at this point is just pathetic let alone still have guys like Dwight Hardy and others who are no longer part of the roster.

In the lobby of CA they have huge backlit pictures of last years' team.  Somebody scotch-taped 8x10s of the current team over them.  I guess the web site isn't the only thing that needs updating. :laugh:

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
Ha saw that too. atleast that's a lot harder to replace especially with the ineligible players, than the roster update. Bad job by the SID's here
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:20:12 PM by icewater10 »

MCNPA

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
They haven't updated the lacrosse rosters yet either and they played several fall ball games already.   Hey usually have the names up by October, but nothing now.  Whomever is in charge is doing a poor job.  In the past I've actually e-mailed and "reminded" them, but don't know who's in charge now.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
They haven't updated the lacrosse rosters yet either and they played several fall ball games already.   Hey usually have the names up by October, but nothing now.  Whomever is in charge is doing a poor job.  In the past I've actually e-mailed and "reminded" them, but don't know who's in charge now.

Should be the same person.  Hasn't been a change in that dept in awhile.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »
I e-mailed the site earlier, and surprisingly got a response within 30 minutes, which was a very pleasant surprise.  I sent the email to Mr. Brian Colleary (mostly because his name was the first one listed on the 'contact us' page) expressing my concerns, and this is what he replied:

"I will forward your email to our Athletic Communications office, they maintain the site. The director has been out as he had surgery and we are in the process of renovating the entire site so these two issues I’m sure has led to this oversight.

Thanks for your interest in St. John’s basketball!

BC"

It is nice to know that they do take the time to read/respond to emails in a timely manner, and are supposedly working towards correcting the problem.

ris

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »
I e-mailed the site earlier, and surprisingly got a response within 30 minutes, which was a very pleasant surprise.  I sent the email to Mr. Brian Colleary (mostly because his name was the first one listed on the 'contact us' page) expressing my concerns, and this is what he replied:

"I will forward your email to our Athletic Communications office, they maintain the site. The director has been out as he had surgery and we are in the process of renovating the entire site so these two issues I’m sure has led to this oversight.

Thanks for your interest in St. John’s basketball!

BC"

It is nice to know that they do take the time to read/respond to emails in a timely manner, and are supposedly working towards correcting the problem.

Brian Colleary is a great guy.

I miss Mex Carey.

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »
St Johins does a great job of putting out timely content that's very informative. They also do a great job digitally of interviews and game broadcasts.

Graphically the website is atrocious, out dated, and way too red. It's busy and just poorly constructed. I'm not sure how much of that falls on cbssports network for hosting the site. I anticipate this will change soon.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle