Baron Davis...

• 18 replies
Baron Davis...
« on: December 18, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »
To sign with the Knicks.  Have to believe this can only help us.  Recruits, Lav at Knick games, publicity, etc
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:43:03 PM by redmen4life »

sju89tr

Re: Baron Davis...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »
It will help especially when Lavin has recruits visit MSG. We have had more NBA players on campus than ever before.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
A good move for the Knicks if he can get healthy anyway. Basically traded Billups for Baron Davis and Tyson Chandler

sju89tr

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »
A good move for the Knicks if he can get healthy anyway. Basically traded Billups for Baron Davis and Tyson Chandler

I agree, Bibby and Baron Davis (when healthY) will provide vet leadership in the backcourt, still need a shooter off bench in my opinion though. Losing Shawne hurts.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
I really like the Shumpert kid

desco80

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »

Shumpert looks like a steal of a draft pick.   

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »

Shumpert looks like a steal of a draft pick.

Shumpert's ceiling is sky high. I could see him becoming a Russell Westbrook type player.

boo3

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
  The reports on Shumpert have been good.  I'm going to wait to see him play a few NBA games before I go crazy though. Lavor Postell looked great in training camp for the Knicks also.

I'm also not that enthused about the prospect of Baron and Bibby in the back court.  Both are past their prime and need to shoot the ball a lot to be effective.  That being said,  this is the first time in a decade i'm excited about the beginning of the NBA season.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »
Baron likes to shoot, so does Carmelo and Amare. I wOuld have been happy with Bibby and Douglas

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »
Bibby is done. If Davis can get healthy I think it is a great pickup. I predict he comes in has a great year and gets himself a nice contract(hopefully not with Knicks) then tanks or gets hurt. One year deal in this situation is great. Steve Nash will be Knick PG next season.

boo3

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
Phil Jackson will be the Knick coach next year.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
If they make the conf finals no Phil Jackson! Hope that happens as I hate him

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 02:20:31 PM »
This is great news for St. John's.  Baron in the stands at our games and Lavin in the stands and on TV at th Garden for the Knicks games will be very helpful.  Baron has one of the best personalities in sports. 

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
I think it says in the daily news that the cave wanted Davis out of the lockerroom?

boo3

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 02:30:38 PM »
I think it says in the daily news that the cave wanted Davis out of the lockerroom?

The dynamic is different with a locker room filled with kids and one like the Knicks, with vets.

Baron always seemed a bit aloof.  He's a better fit on an established veteran team.

boo3

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
 Knicks look to be signing ex Marquette player.  Steve Novak.  6'10" shooter. 

crgreen

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 12:02:39 PM »

Two Lavin recruits.  Chandler was coming to UCLA if he hadn't gone straight to the pros (there was some AAU baggage for his frosh/soph HS seasons that made college problematic.  Steve stayed on Tyson all the way thru HS, "just in case")...

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
As Baldi stated Baron, Melo & Amare are black holes & Chandler has a low b-ball offensive IQ he can't pass! How in the world do you have a system based on passing with 4 players who don't or can't pass it is mind boggling! Love Shumpert like we finally got J.Jordan to suite up for us. But I would take the Knicks Roster which started  the season last year over this years roster + we could of still been players for Deron & Howard in next year FA class + had more draft picks in the future
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

desco80

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
As Baldi stated Baron, Melo & Amare are black holes & Chandler has a low b-ball offensive IQ he can't pass! How in the world do you have a system based on passing with 4 players who don't or can't pass it is mind boggling! Love Shumpert like we finally got J.Jordan to suite up for us. But I would take the Knicks Roster which started  the season last year over this years roster + we could of still been players for Deron & Howard in next year FA class + had more draft picks in the future

The thing is; if we had Dino, W.Chandler, and Felton's contracts - we wouldn't be in play for Deron or Dwight.   And Chandler is due another raise when he signs his next contract (currently playing in China until March when he becomes a FA).

But I agree that the Melo move wasn't as clear cut a no-brainer as some made it out to be.