Kevin Clark playing for Pace

• 10 replies
Kevin Clark playing for Pace
« on: December 25, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »
CLARK HELPING OUT
Kevin Clark spent three seasons with the St. John’s men’s basketball team. He saw limited action with the Big East team but did serve as a member of the scout team during practices.
Clark (Dunmore) graduated from St. John’s and had another year of eligibility and he’s using it at Division II Pace University where he’s working on his Master’s in media and communications.
The 6-foot-2 guard is averaging 3.8 points per game and has hit eight of 25 3-point tries (32 percent) and is 10-for-13 from the free throw line. He had a career-high 13 points in a 74-71 victory over St. Rose. He hit three 3-pointers in that game.
“Kevin has been a nice addition for our team,” Setters coach Jim Harter said. “He has been doing a good job coming of the bench and hitting 3s for us. He’s a good kid who has given our team some maturity and increased shooting ability.”

Read more: http://www.timesleader.com/golackawanna/sports/arsenault/ON_CAMPUS_Bill_Arsenault_12-25-2011.html#ixzz1hZRMR0pp
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

Re: Kevin Clark playing for Pace
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
Could have used this kid!  I bet he's kicking himself.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »

That says alot

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »

That says alot

Not really.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »

No offense to the brother who dedicate hisself to the glory of St. John, but a kid avg 4ppg in DII aint gonna make a difference in practice or in games.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »

How much action has Jamal White seen?

Kevin Clark wanted to play and pursue graduate degree. He has that opportunity.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »

How much action has Jamal White seen?

Kevin Clark wanted to play and pursue graduate degree. He has that opportunity.

Clark would have been in a better position to get minutes, but they would have been on the low side.  His experience on practice is where he would have been most useful. 

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
Though the basketball team is based in the city, the Westchester Pace campus is much nicer, there are better bars in the area and the girls are better looking than SJU. Clark made a good call here.  Go Setters!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
I did a feature on Clark in May after the tournament that never got published. He is a great guy, he said he had a year of eligibility left after he graduated and Fratto and Lavin told him to definitely consider playing as long as he can. Glad to see he's doing well.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »

Damn you were right Marillac

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
When Clark decided to keep playing at Pace in April/May when I interviewed him there was no way he would have ever seen playing time. STJ still had all their recruits in a line for this season. Not his fault.