Best player in Big East?

• 25 replies

Tiznow

Re: Best player in Big East?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
Uconn will be the interesting team this year - from the head coach on down the bench.  Their guards are their strength and they are awfully small in a tall mans sport. 

If Boatright and Napier lead this team to the top half of the BE they will deserve the praise that their coach will dish out.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
Guys who haven't been mentioned....

Fuquan Edwin, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatwright, Otto Porter, Davante Gardener, Russ Smith

Of the ones above, I like Porter the best.  Edwin is a great defensive force, but not Consistent on O.  Boatright could get there this year.  Napier hot/cold. Porter is excellent.  He was one of the few guys last year that really wowed me with his size, athleticism and skill.

Find it interesting that folks here can easily expect a 9 pt 6 reb guy like a Porter to  explode this year as the top player in the conference, yet throw zero support behind one of our guys like D'lo (double the scorer Porter is),  Amir or Sir Dom being that player to explode - or even our own 9pt 6 reb guy Gods Gift (in the exact same 29 minutes a game as Porter)  :)

What you're forgetting is the role Porter will be thrusted into due to the departures of graduating players. Guys like Amir/Pointer will be in similar roles as last season and Gift will probably be in more reduced role. So I don't think it has much to do with giving them zero support but realizing that while they may show improvement it wouldn't propel them to be leaders within the conference.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »
Boatwright and Napier are both really good guards. They are fast, scrappy, and confident about their abilities. They will have the green light on everything. There is no reason why their numbers shouldn't spike
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 11:20:18 PM »
Boatwright and Napier are both really good guards. They are fast, scrappy, and confident about their abilities. They will have the green light on everything. There is no reason why their numbers shouldn't spike

One of those guys has an off night, Uconn is in big trouble. But you're right, they will have the green light. I like how we match up w Uconn this season much more than last.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:02 AM »
Best Big East Player D-Lo ,Cleveland Melvin and Collins .However I can see Carter-Williams and Steve Adams being the highest draft picks in the NBA next year. So I guess it depends on what makes you the best?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
Carter-Williams is going to be a special player..    He must have improved so much last season just going against Scoop & Waiters in practice.