Start and Play Otoja and Liam

• 10 replies
Start and Play Otoja and Liam
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:10:54 AM »
since this game is meaningless, liam biesty and otoja abit should be in the starting lineup and IMO receive some minutes...lets face it we are not going to beat West Va anyways PLUS this games means absolutely nothing...all pride was lost when norm said "its not a disappointment to miss the BET" and when Geno said "we didn't come in with the right mindset, we came out way too lackadaisical".

these 2 walk-on's have earned the right to get a start and some substantial minutes, with all the practices they have gone through and all the games they sat from the bench cheering this team on, as hard as they might have been most of the time.

so if norm is such a 'nice guy'...he should find it in his heart to reward these 2 dedicated players with a start @ MSG for their last game..plus i have seen Biesty in practice...this boy can play. he is undersized, but he is probably the best shooter on the team and i have seen him cross geno over a few times

so for all the fans who are brave enough to attend saturdays game...if these 2 guys are not in there to start..chant for them all game long..they deserve to see the court.

(I split this post to make this its own thread *JJ)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:36:55 AM by JJ »

Randomhero423

Re: Start and Play Otoja and Liam
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:41 AM »
he'll probably start them.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:42:37 AM »
keep them in the whole game.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »
I didn't see any of the game but according to ESPN box score, neither of them played? I'm sure I'm going overboard a little here but this is yet another disgrace from Norm, in what was legitimately a meaningless game he couldn't give either of these kids who worked hard for the team for four years one moment in the spotlight? I've seen UNC play walk-on seniors against Duke fighting for the ACC title before, and Norm can't give them a little time in a truly meaningless game??? I really really hope the box score was wrong (though it didn't look like it was) otherwise I have even less respect for Norm; and as we know, there wasn't much to begin with.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
I didn't see any of the game but according to ESPN box score, neither of them played? I'm sure I'm going overboard a little here but this is yet another disgrace from Norm, in what was legitimately a meaningless game he couldn't give either of these kids who worked hard for the team for four years one moment in the spotlight? I've seen UNC play walk-on seniors against Duke fighting for the ACC title before, and Norm can't give them a little time in a truly meaningless game??? I really really hope the box score was wrong (though it didn't look like it was) otherwise I have even less respect for Norm; and as we know, there wasn't much to begin with.

no you're right, they didnt get the start and they didnt get any minutes..it was a disgrace

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »

Neither one played and I understand your gripe but you play every game to win.  I agree the game meant nothing to us and both kids deserved to play but I also understand where Norm is coming from in not playing them.  Just as you are upset about them not playing im sure there would have been fans mad about them playing instead of others.  Its a toss up, I would have started them and played them each a couple of minutes and then sat them back on the bench for the rest of the game but I dont necessarily think Norm owed it to them to play them as much as it would have been a nice farewell.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »
Maybe they shouldn't have played Saturday, but they couldn't play at Duke or against Georgetown.

sjd8886

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 02:07:26 AM »
if he played either of them in anything other than garbage time, he would have gotten abused in the papers

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 09:14:16 PM »
It's a pretty long standing tradition nationwide to start your seniors on Senior Night. Even if he took them out at the first stoppage, it would have earned some respect from me. Sucks for Liam and Otoja to have put four years of hard work in for the program and never get their names announced.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »
It's a pretty long standing tradition nationwide to start your seniors on Senior Night. Even if he took them out at the first stoppage, it would have earned some respect from me. Sucks for Liam and Otoja to have put four years of hard work in for the program and never get their names announced.

amen.....

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
perhaps otoja and liam said we'd rather not play and put our best guys on the floor to win. I'm not saying thats what happened but there are plenty of scenarios. In the end its not that big of a deal.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle