What is going on?

• 6 replies
What is going on?
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »
I was on St. John's campus yesterday because I wanted to visit a couple of people I know since I was in the area for a job interview and I was wondering, why is there a sign in front of Taftner saying it will be closed for renovations when it just opened. Also, what is the construction going on in front of Carneseca? This was my first trip back in four years so I am probably out of the loop. One more thing, I saw they are building new dorms along the side next to gate one, are these dorms going to be the same like Briarwood (I refuse to call it the other name just like I will never say St. John's new nickname), Hollis, Century, O'Connor, and Hillcrest, or is it going to be apartment style like Walsh is at Fordham and are they building new stands at the lacrosse field and why is there still football posts when we dropped football years ago, does St. Francis Prep still play there on Friday nights.

Re: What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »
hopefully their gonna gut CA and remodel.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:07:05 PM »
did u see me yesterday i was chilling on campus with justin. give me a holla ill be there sunday ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »
taffner is closed till june because they are redoing the floors, they had problems with flooding over the summer and they decided to redo them. its a shame they spent all that money just got go and fix it in just a few years. as for carnesecca, its a #$%^ing mess they have been doing something for god knows how long and it is blocking the entrances. the new dorms are going to be townhouses
We Not Me

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »
Drainage pipes are being installed outside of Carnesecca to alleviate the flooding problem.  I wondered why it couldn't wait until basketball season was over but it seems that they couldn't chance another flood.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 10:51:12 PM »
Drainage pipes are being installed outside of Carnesecca to alleviate the flooding problem.  I wondered why it couldn't wait until basketball season was over but it seems that they couldn't chance another flood.
It is a shame that it couldn't wait.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »
the thing i dont get is i knew about tafner for awhile and i always found it funny they knew the date in advance as to say yes we know we have no chance of making any post season play i know the team sometimes practices in CA but isnt this the reason tafner was built?