Barclay's Game

• 24 replies

redslope

Re: Barclay's Game
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:26 PM »
I'm going. We have a group of like 13-15 in the same section. Send me a pm and stop by

I have a block of 14 with family and friends of family. I'll send you the section. Have you looked for a place to eat
 nearby? I haven't found anything big enough within walking distance

A couple within 5 blocks on 5th avenue:
Conervium (?spelling) Osteria--4 blocks from the Bark
Canaille-5 blocks from the Bark

good food in both
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:15:14 PM by redslope »

pmg911

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
Juniors is not far from Barclays Center...

derk

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »
I'm going. We have a group of like 13-15 in the same section. Send me a pm and stop by

I have a block of 14 with family and friends of family. I'll send you the section. Have you looked for a place to eat
 nearby? I haven't found anything big enough within walking distance

A couple within 5 blocks on 5th avenue:
Conervium (?spelling) Osteria--4 blocks from the Bark
Canaille-5 blocks from the Bark

good food in both

Convivium Osteria - yes good food. Nice restaurant but not inexpensive.

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Has the neighborhood improved?  I used to work nearby and always noticed a couple of body outlines on the pavement not far from the LIRR.

NYCoffey

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
Its definitely improved. I live nearby in downtown Brooklyn. If you walk down 5th or 7th ave off of Flatbush there are plenty of restaurants and bars. The mallish area that the trains run into are all chain restaurant type places. I wasn't in the area before gentrification set in, but from what I hear it is night and day to what it is now. This link has some places to go. If you like sh!!t hole bars, Hanks is on Atlantic right near the Barclay Center. Not sure if they opened yet but I know there was supposed to be a new shake shack and a bbq resteraunt owned by some big pit master from Dallas along with a few other new restaurants.

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/09/restaurants-bars-near-nets-arena-barclays-center.html