Mo vs. JaKarr

• 30 replies
Re: Mo vs. JaKarr
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
Sorry but JaKarr is not a one and done guy.

Love his play so far but let not put to much on the kid.

Moose

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »

Moe wasn't either. But because of us running 5 or 6 guys out there last year he got extended looks. I still feel Karr stays around 2 yrs and I will be ecstatic with that
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »
I too have been impressed with JS.  For what I read on this board I thought he was going to be very raw and unpolished.  He has skills to work on obviously but he is an impressive freshman.

I would have loved to see the two play together.  Tough to compare the two also because of the situation MH was thrown into last year.  He was expected to be more of an interior player than a small forward because of the lack of size and depth.  MH was a team player and did as the coaches asked.  I am sure he expected to play more wing (3/4) as JS has been able to do. 

Chilleb

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
Too small a sample size to make any judgements. Gotta see what Jakarr do on the biggest stages.

On point as usual Choz!
Also remember before making your comments about "how far along".. This is really jakarr's sophomore season. So think of that then compare it to what moe would have been doing right now as a sophomore.

kjd01067

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
Too small a sample size to make any judgements. Gotta see what Jakarr do on the biggest stages.

On point as usual Choz!
Also remember before making your comments about "how far along".. This is really jakarr's sophomore season. So think of that then compare it to what moe would have been doing right now as a sophomore.

That's unfair to say. Although Jakarr played in a great prep league it isn't the BE. This is still Jakarr's freshman year.

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »

Then you'ld better hope he doesn't win BE rookie of the year.  Cause if he does, then he and an agent will be making favorable Mo vs. Jakarr comparisions and promptly jump ship.

What other Frosh are contenders for the award?

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 03:30:16 PM »
Through nine games of their freshmen seasons:

Mo - 14.88 ppg 7.55 rpg
JS -   13.6 ppg   6.6 rpg

I couldnt compute moe's %'s but I remember him shooting poorly in the early part of the year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »
Through nine games of their freshmen seasons:

Mo - 14.88 ppg 7.55 rpg
JS -   13.6 ppg   6.6 rpg

I couldnt compute moe's %'s but I remember him shooting poorly in the early part of the year.
And Karr on deeper team, less pt i would think. Very impressed with karr's jumper.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
Is everyone forgetting that Moe was forced to play the 5 a lot when Jakar doesn't? If Moe wasn't forced so much, we probably would have seen different stats and also seen a different style of play from him. Therefore, like Kob said, it's like comparing apples and oranges.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:54:21 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »
Is everyone forgetting that Moe was forced to play the 5 a lot when Jakar doesn't? If Moe wasn't forced so much, we probably would have seen different stats and also seen a different style of play from him. Therefore, like Kob said, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Jakarr has played the five at least as mutch as moe did if not more. Obekpa only plays about 20 minutes a game. Gift played more than that last year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 12:30:23 AM »

Moe is playing his natural position now.