Thoughts on season to date

• 27 replies

MCNPA

Re: Thoughts on season to date
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
let's be honest.  most of us thought after year one's run, we'd be relevant in year three.  if kennedy hadn't been hurt....

that's what he have.  too many "what ifs".

in over a quarter century, we have had only three teams with single digit losses...one with looie and two with jarvis. 

we've lost recruits to transfers...ineligibilities...reneging on loi's...our best player one and done...and now the big east can no longer use its name as a recruiting tool.

this year is as good as could be expected under the circumstances.

i'm afraid this will always be a team of "what ifs".

Even Lavin from the day he took the job, said he expected to start reaping what he was sowing in year 4 and 5.  We had lots of setbacks and are still a bubble team in only Lavin's second year of rebuilding from a roster with zero players.  I certainly want to see more than this season, but losing Sanchez, branch to injury etc certainly didn't help those matters.  I still think we are on track considering last seasoned had to build a roster from scratch. 

Moose

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 09:50:36 AM »
We are looking to finish with 18-19 wins and that is awesome considering playing without Sanchez.  Sanchez would have helped in so many areas this team is deficient in.  Guys need to hit the weights big time and work on skill in the offseason.  They need to bully teams to create turnovers next year. 

I think we create a fair share of turnovers this year.  I hardly think turnovers are the issue.  They are still ridiculously raw.  I'm trying to be polite this Monday so I wont pinpoint who is responsible for that.
Remember who broke the Slice news

redslope

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »
As Yogi said--deja vous all over again

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 01:59:39 PM »
We are looking to finish with 18-19 wins and that is awesome considering playing without Sanchez.  Sanchez would have helped in so many areas this team is deficient in.  Guys need to hit the weights big time and work on skill in the offseason.  They need to bully teams to create turnovers next year. 

I think we create a fair share of turnovers this year.  I hardly think turnovers are the issue.  They are still ridiculously raw.  I'm trying to be polite this Monday so I wont pinpoint who is responsible for that.

I am talking two years ago kind of turnovers...even more.  This team is built to win that way but the lack of muscle is holding them back I think.  That is really the only way I think this team can make the leap to the next level...they have to be downright menacing on the defensive end.  Nobody will be scared of this group's skill. 

Poison

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »

I think the word awesome is overused.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »

I am talking two years ago kind of turnovers...even more.  This team is built to win that way but the lack of muscle is holding them back I think.  That is really the only way I think this team can make the leap to the next level...they have to be downright menacing on the defensive end.  Nobody will be scared of this group's skill. 

We pressed then.  And even then the 94 feet of heat stopped mid-season or was scaled back heavy.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »

We pressed then.  And even then the 94 feet of heat stopped mid-season or was scaled back heavy.

I remember getting a ton of easy points that year when we were winning.  When we didn't get those points, we usually lost.  We weren't just beating teams either, we were taking it to them.  That is not going to happen in the half court with this group. 

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »
hey everyone  ;) Its been up & down yr happy with Lavins recovery from cancer but then his Father passes sadly.

If this team makes nit its a good yr to build on but they need a real pt guard to lead