Mark Jackson

• 29 replies
Re: Mark Jackson
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
Odd comment, perhaps taken out of context?

“I’m not a guy that wears my red shorts underneath my suit,” said Jackson, whose Golden State Warriors will be without David Lee for tonight’s game with the Knicks at MSG. “With all due respect, my son [Mark Jackson Jr.] goes to Manhattan College so I don’t follow [St. John’s. I got too much work to do."

“@AdamZagoria: Mark Jackson Says Big East Breakup is ‘Very Disappointing’ http://zagsblog.com/big-east/mark-jackson-says-big-east-breakup-is-very-disappointing/

Calling Bobre

He'll show up and twist the conversation into a discussion about that still-nameless point guard he insists we should have gotten several years ago.
Well here we are somewhat down the road and still bitching that our PG (Greene) can't play the position.  And is there anyone really willing to bet the ranch on Branch???  Seems like we're down to Jordan kiddies while a zillion "nameless PGs" have signed elsewhere.  Better hope some well heeled Temple booster doesn't take a liking to him.  Say, didn't Bill Cosby go there?  I'm just saying.......

Everyone complains about our lack of recruiting this year.... if you were a HS senior right now why in the world would you sign with a school that is returning 10 freshmen or sophomores?    Even the most selfless kids want to play before their junior year.
It really shouldn't be a shock that it's harder to recruit when you don't have any playing time to offer kids.
A solid PG or center would get 30mpg on our team.  Everyone else is interchangeable.  My guess is that Jordan will go elsewhere and it will be a battle between Branch and Greene for the point.  Well whoopdedoo.  The 5 spot will go to GG and/or wwhichever transformed 3 we have laying around.  Lawrence was looking at clear sailing and went for the cash.  I think next year's team will be hard put to match this year's.

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 01:49:56 PM »

“I’m not a guy that wears my red shorts underneath my suit,” said Jackson, whose Golden State Warriors will be without David Lee for tonight’s game with the Knicks at MSG. “With all due respect, my son [Mark Jackson Jr.] goes to Manhattan College so I don’t follow [St. John’s. I got too much work to do."

“@AdamZagoria: Mark Jackson Says Big East Breakup is ‘Very Disappointing’ http://zagsblog.com/big-east/mark-jackson-says-big-east-breakup-is-very-disappointing/

Calling Bobre

wow thats says alot about how Mark Jax feels about st.j's
He was a good guy that I had a public speaking class with
A great Johnny that did deserve to play over moses bec, everytime  he came in the johnnys made big runs.
Does not surprise me hes upset they did not even give him a interview Thanks again moanasch

He was not deserving of an interview.  He never coached a game in his life, never recruited a player, etc..  He had been removed from the college game for over 20 years, he's an NBA guy now and was waiting for an NBA job to come up.  I highly doubt he is upset over not getting a look from St. John's.
Noww let's look at Lavin's qualifications.  Fired by UCLA and reputed to be a weak game coach.  Seven years sitting on his butt shooting the shit about hoops.  Absolutely no personal familiarity with the current crop of recruits.  No basketball history whatsoever.  And isn't it amazing how many good coachess played the game? Knight, "K", Donovan Self, etc. In fact of all of them you'd be hard pressed to to find one with less practical experience than Lavin.  How did he rate an interview??????

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 02:05:43 PM »

Calling Bobre

A great Johnny that did deserve to play over moses bec, everytime  he came in the johnnys made big runs.
Does not surprise me hes upset they did not even give him a interview Thanks again moanasch

He was not deserving of an interview.  He never coached a game in his life, never recruited a player, etc..  He had been removed from the college game for over 20 years, he's an NBA guy now and was waiting for an NBA job to come up.  I highly doubt he is upset over not getting a look from St. John's.
Noww let's look at Lavin's qualifications.  Fired by UCLA and reputed to be a weak game coach.  Seven years sitting on his butt shooting the shit about hoops.  Absolutely no personal familiarity with the current crop of recruits.  No basketball history whatsoever.  And isn't it amazing how many good coachess played the game? Knight, "K", Donovan Self, etc. In fact of all of them you'd be hard pressed to to find one with less practical experience than Lavin.  How did he rate an interview??????

No personal familiarity with recruits? Don't recruits watch college games and hear commentators?

No basketball history whatsoever? Coaching for almost his entire adult life, and calling games for the brief period he was not, surly doesn't count as having a history in basketball. Yea that makes sense. Come on bobre. Fight for you arguments but dont make shit up.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

LJSA

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 10:01:26 PM »
All he does is make up shit. We've been waiting for the name of that available point guard for what must be like two years now.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
All he does is make up shit. We've been waiting for the name of that available point guard for what must be like two years now.

+100

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »

Take a look at all the below the radar PGs we've faced who've thoroughly outplayed our converted combo guards and ask yourself where we were when they were being recruited.  Any delays in getting a PG signed fall squarely on Lavin's shoulders. Go over the box scores on this year's games and ask yourself where our opponents got these kids while Steve was waiting for the ship that never came to shore.  Be honest for once and explain that to all of us.  It's not my fault we never got one and I'm not making that shit up at all.  You my friend are completely full of it.   

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »
cool mark jackson mix

Kblaze - Mark Jackson

Tiger

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
You don't see passes like that anymore.  Not at SJU...Knicks neither.  Mark saw the court and could deliver the ball.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »

Calling Bobre

As a former St. John's player and someone everyone knew would be a future coach in the NBA, he definitely deserved at least an interview for the job.  Again, I don't think he was the perfect candidate for them especially after so many losing seasons due to Jarvis and Roberts.  But Jackson definitely deserved to get a look.

LJSA

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
I will have the pleasure of seeing Mark Jackson and his barely-there coaching against the Knicks on Monday.