Quincy Roberts - Harrisburg Game Video Highlights - PA State/District Playoffs

• 10 replies
Hey guys,

Congratulations on picking up Quincy Roberts, a great talent from central PA.

Just wanted to pass these videos along to anyone who hasn't gotten to see him play or who wanted to take another look at him.

I have two Harrisburg game highlights.

1. - Harrisburg vs JP McCaskey in a PA District 3 Tournament game.
2. - Harrisburg vs Chester (eventual PA AAAA state champions) in a State Tournament playoff match.

Check the games out at:

http://www.anotherlevelproduction.com[/color]

Click on the Game Videos tab at the top of the screen and look for those two games under the section "2007-2008 Regular Season"

Quincy is #10 for Harrisburg.

kjd01067

Welcome to the Jungle and great first post !

Randomhero423

thanks.  i hope you continue to post!

thanks for the videos...good stuff!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

that one video of the first round was posted on youtube and on the forum already. Thanks a bunch another level for adding to the site.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Box Score: http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/game/score/players/94902/

The 2nd video also features Karon Burton of Chester and after seeing it I'd have to say no to him. I think he'd make a smaller school very happy though he definitely is a true PG he wouldn't compliment our team already having Malik Boothe. I saw some good things from QR. I think he looks fundamentally sound, has no problem scoring/creating off the dribble, looks like his frame has potential to add size, uses the glass well, can get up....however he doesn't look like the fastest guy in the world, I don't think he can play the point in the BE for extended minutes, looks a bit soft and laterally slow on defense.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Thanks for the quick feedback, everybody. Glad there was some interest in the videos.

I hoped to get some more of Quincy at the Donofrio Tournament where he would have been on a STACKED team with 6'10" Aaric Murray - one of the top centers in the nation in his class, Lamar Patterson (headed to Pitt after next year) and other top players from central PA, but he didn't make the trip for the first game of the tournament and their squad was eliminated... definitely would've been fun to watch.

JJ - to add to your writeup on Burton, I'd probably have to agree. While he is arguably.. nah.. probably the most entertaining high school player I've seen - (whether it's bounce passes off the floor for alley oops - check out the 'almost dunk of the year' on the main page, or his fadeaway 3 during one of the Donofrio games where he was pushed into the bleachers where he decided to stay and relax for an extra 10-20 seconds while the game continued, or his jawing with fans (and critics) in the stands, to doing a little two step while he was bringing the ball up the court as another game wound down at Donofrio to scoring 12 points in about 43 seconds at the District 1 championship vs Norristown - ya never knew what the kid was going to do to get the crowd into it... he had a lot of fun on the court and it showed at every game I was fortunate enough to make it to.

I can't really say where I see him ending up - curious to see if he can keep up his style of play against college competition every game.. curious to see which coach desides to take a chance on him and his antics, too... best of luck to him.

By the way, he's on team Mainstreet - there's a couple vids on the site featuring that squad, too if you want to see Burton playing a little bit more loose.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:39:28 PM by Another Level »

Thomas Olik

Finally some decent info on Q.R.

Poison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKlZhHEaCcU

Nice post. Thanks. He goes to the basket in more ways than one. That is good some news.

sjd8886

i dont mind getting guys like this...the only thing that bothers me is roberts hasnt shown he can develop players into much better players...there are many players who aren't even in the top 100 in hs who develop into great players in college, but our guys haven't really made great strides in their time at st johns...evans had a really productive year development wise but i think thats more him concentrating completely on basketball for the first time in his life and less of roberts mentoring