NCAA - Change and support him
NIT - off his back a bit
no post season beyong be tourney - gone

Re: Norm Roberts
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »
NCAA - Change and support him
NIT - off his back a bit
no post season beyong be tourney - gone

I think this would be the opinion of some or most. I'd like to see us in the upper half of the Big East to start at the very least.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »
ncaa or nit - support him
no ncaa or nit but improved competitive play, players develop, and recruits show potential - get off his back a little
neither - GONE
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
If the Big East somehow has a down year, or Norm actually has the players playing well and gets to the NIT, he still has to prove he can do it the next year + on a regular basis, and get those top level recruits.  It's not outside the realm of reason that Anthony Mason COULD put it together and be the great scorer he thinks he is.  Even then, if I had a voice in the decision, he'd be gone with a 1st round NIT exit; I'd want to see a run to prove the staff has some ability to field a winning squad. 

But then what?  No one else on this roster has that scoring ability, and Burrell can't do it alone.  No big man can.  The team would still field a bunch of non-scorers.  And guys might still transfer.  I can't get behind this coach until I see some consistent winning and stability.  And a year without any 20 point blowouts to the top teams.  I think that's a LONG shot.

If he can't reach the NIT, he has to go.  Come on.  This has been too long, and he has a scoring senior leader.  How would it get better in 2009?

I hope that making the NIT isn't the barometer; I don't think that's particularly impressive to recruits, and might be more because Mason has a great year and not because the staff has put it together.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:47:29 AM by peter »

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 04:17:40 PM »
Thought this would be an interesting Poll

I think you should add - support regardless of basketball results because he is our coach. 

I know its unpopular, but its got to be on there.  I would check that.