Has anyone talked about:

• 4 replies
Has anyone talked about:
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »
Patrick Ewing as STJ coach?  I have seen some far-fetched suggestions for our next coach (whenever that may be), but I have not heard anyone suggest Ewing...

The guy wants to coach and is a big name in NYC - does anyone have any insight into whether he would consider a college gig?

If MJ is coaching the Knicks next year and Ewing finds his way to Jamaica the following year, I think I would be pretty happy.

Re: Has anyone talked about:
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »
C'mon now.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »
does he know x and o's that much?  i've always thought of him as a guy who would instruct big men instead of making plays.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
does he know x and o's that much?  i've always thought of him as a guy who would instruct big men instead of making plays.

i don't know...  i only know that i have not heard anyone talk about him and i am not entirely sure why.

obviously, some of you old school guys are never going to want a GU alum at the helm, but i grew up with Ewing as a Knick, not as a Hoya.

but as far as x's and o's, there were plenty of people calling for us to hire Chris Mullin or Mark Jackson, neither of whom ever had a head coaching job.

but assuming for the moment that he is at least an adequate in-game coach, his upside is tremendous.

but maybe some of you can make me doubt that.  let me know.  to me, it is at least worthy of discussion,.

Thanks!

sjd8886

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »
mark jackson might be a decent coach...ewing and mullin, i dont really think they would be, especially ewing...and the next hire cant be anything but a experienced and proven coach with both good recruiting skills and basketball intelligence