St. John's vs Wisconsin 11/8

• 507 replies
Re: St. John's vs Wisconsin 11/8
« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
I think we all underetimated just how good Hardy was!

boo3

« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
I think Harrison and Jordan will both be better than Hardy.

« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »
Harrison is not, too early to tell for Jordan

boo3

« Reply #503 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
Will be.  Remember Hardy only exploded senior season. 

« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
No, it's really not accurate because it's implying we were blown out. We weren't.

No, it's quite accurate. Because I'm not implying we were blown out, I'm saying we were blown out. Perhaps you didn't see the game and if you did clearly you didn't understand what was happening. We were down 20 in the first half, down 10 at the half, and down 11 at the end of the game. We never threatened Wisconsin, not once. They stomped on our heads for 10 minutes and coasted for 30. The one time it got vaguely close in the second half Ryan called a time out to remind his team what game was being played - which TO worked because Ryan is a pretty good coach and not an empty suit - out of which WU hit two threes. <Flush> If the game was played 10 times Wisconsin would have won it 11 times. It could not have been more one sided. It could not have been more of a laugher. Things could possibly have gone worse for SJ but barring an injury I don't see how. 

We outscored Maryland in the second half of the 92-60 loss in 2006. No doubt you were thrilled by that as well.

But what you are saying is just plain false. A blowout is when a team is never in the game, at least in the 2nd half. This game was under a 10 point game for a good portion of the second half, and was a 4 point game with 8 min left. We ended up losing by 11. Not a blowout. A couple of missed threes on their part could have changed the outcome. If this is a blowout, I'm curious what you call a game where a team loses by 15-25 points while never coming within striking distance.

My mistake, it was a real nail biter.

My mistake, I didn't realize there was no middle ground between a blowout and a nail biter.

SJUFAN

« Reply #505 on: November 13, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
You bring up a great point Foad. 

In Lavins first season the offense looked very good when we were playing our best ball.  I hope the talent will help us execute better. 

Talent is what makes offenses look good. If you have players that have vision and willing passers, any offense will look good. If anyone watched the college games last night, honestly, was it Dukes offense that got Parker his 27 pts? Was it Michigan States offense that got Appling his? These kids are not going to be denied, I see that in Harrison. I think Sampson is getting there but he lacks the talent. But far to often our players stand around and defer the shot to someone else, or fail to make the pass. Our defense must get better, offensively we will only improve as much as Sanchez and Jordan does. Jordan has to be aggressive.

« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:23 PM »
Kentucky got their offense jump started after doing the weave.  True story
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

« Reply #507 on: November 20, 2013, 12:20:33 AM »
Amazing!
@JayBilas: Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky scored a total of 63 points in his freshman year. He scored 43 points against North Dakota tonight. Wow.