Sheed leads the team in assists

• 9 replies

paultzman

Sheed leads the team in assists
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »
That assist level for the team is scary, but not too surprising. This team to date does not pass well.

Storyline: waiting for Rysheed

Rysheed Jordan - he of the one-game suspension - has seen his minutes come and go, but saw vital minutes against Georgia Tech. His length on defense has been disruptive, but his shot has not fallen at all. He is shooting 26% inside the arc and 14% (1/7) outside the arc.

"Jordan is also the team's leading assist man with 15 assists total, and 2.5 assists/ game. His passing game has shown dynamic flashes. The top-25 recruit could be the player who can break down defenses and get players like JaKarr Sampson and Sir`Dominic Pointer - athletic finishers who are not always adept at generating their own good shots - real chances to punish rims."

Overall article on team progress to date;

@ECoastBias: First-month review: the pieces are there. But will they come together for #sjubb? http://t.co/qyVRMub2ay
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:40:33 AM by paultzman »

MCNPA

Re: Sheed leads the team in assists
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »
Rysheed has the talent and we need him to get into a groove to get to that next level.  He can do things that Branch and our other guards cant.  He hasn't shot well, but he's a much better shooter than the limited number he has taken and made thus far.  I the preseason he was hitting everything.  He seems to have freshman lack of confidene right now.  He needs a game to change that.  He's a ton better than he has played thus far.  Hoping we see m gain some confidence.

hnk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »
I think we need to start to give Jordan at least 20 minutes a game.....most of them running the point.

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:29:21 AM »
I think we need to start to give Jordan at least 20 minutes a game.....most of them running the point.

I agree.  Only way he will get that confidence and court time. 

Moose

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
Before our last two games Sanchez was leading the team in assists.  Now two guys have jumped ahead.
Remember who broke the Slice news

DFF6

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »

As I've commented on another thread, I don't think Lavin will need to s

I agree.  Only way he will get that confidence and court time. 

It's a catch 22 because Lavin will not give Jordan more minutes unless he starts playing better.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »
Sheed is also our best on-ball defender.  And he leads the team in mid-season tweets.

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
I'm only 15 assists behind him.  He better watch out...

desco80

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 12:15:58 PM »
Branch or Rhysheed should be on the court at all times.   No one else should play pg (looking at you Phil...)

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
Sheed has been tweeting, which is illegal in season, uh oh.