Brutal Big East Start [NY Post]

• 4 replies
Brutal Big East Start [NY Post]
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »
I could not find the link online for some reason, but is in the actual paper. Basically Doug Gottlieb, Seth Greenberg and Steve Lappas echo every negative thing said on the boards. "Players were overated, look good in layup line but aren't good basketball players and Lavin plays too many guys." Those were main points They said they do feel we will make NIT though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:27:01 AM by Dave »

Moose

Re: article in Post
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
I could not find the link online for some reason, but is in the actual paper. Basically Doug Gottlieb, Seth Greenberg and Steve Lappas echo every negative thing said on the boards. "Players were overated, look good in layup line but aren't good basketball players and Lavin plays too many guys." Those were main points They said they do feel we will make NIT though.

It's right there when you click on Sports :)

http://nypost.com/2014/01/16/why-st-johns-is-off-to-brutal-big-east-start/
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:02:02 AM »
I could not find the link online for some reason, but is in the actual paper. Basically Doug Gottlieb, Seth Greenberg and Steve Lappas echo every negative thing said on the boards. "Players were overrated, look good in layup line but aren't good basketball players and Lavin plays too many guys." Those were main points They said they do feel we will make NIT though.

My internet at work, does not always cooperate with what I am trying to do. Certain sites work better than others and the Post was giving articles from December.
The other point the article makes was at the point where they blame not having a point guard because of Jordan's early season struggles. Some of that I put on Lavin as if he would have let Jordan go from beginning of season at this point he would have been more comfortable.

Moose

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
I could not find the link online for some reason, but is in the actual paper. Basically Doug Gottlieb, Seth Greenberg and Steve Lappas echo every negative thing said on the boards. "Players were overrated, look good in layup line but aren't good basketball players and Lavin plays too many guys." Those were main points They said they do feel we will make NIT though.

My internet at work, does not always cooperate with what I am trying to do. Certain sites work better than others and the Post was giving articles from December.
The other point the article makes was at the point where they blame not having a point guard because of Jordan's early season struggles. Some of that I put on Lavin as if he would have let Jordan go from beginning of season at this point he would have been more comfortable.

Let me talk to your IT director.  At least the quoting is working for you lately :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 03:29:05 AM »

We also have a junior pt g so am not buying Bucky Lappas's excuse!