Seton Hall Game - Player of the Game

• 25 replies

desco80

Re: Seton Hall Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
I give it to Lavin.  He got good contributions from so many players that no one really stands out.  I thought his coaching was masterful in that he got a team that always blows the game in the closing minutes to not blow this one.  Great job, Coach!

I can't tell if you really believe this or if you're just trying to bait someone. 

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 01:21:50 AM »
DR.  Tied for scoring lead.  3 of 5 from three plus did it all in only 20 minutes. We finally had a player make a smart play at the end of the game to secure a win rather than our usual i.e. a player making a dumb play at the end to secure a loss.  That was Sanchez.

Would have given it to Jakarr for the very efficient scoring and two highlight reel dunks but 5 of our 11 total turnovers is just too many.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:28:51 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
Jordan is my new  favorite player. Get ready for some Larry Wright type rants when he doesn't play as much as he should. I truly believe if Lavin would have played him more appropriately during early part of the season he would be even further along now.

Me too...from the beginning I thought this team's success depended on two things, Jordan's development and how long it takes him to be the true leader and PG of this team.. The other was that this team took advantage of their athletic ability and play up and down with a pressing defense. When they did that last night, they went on a good run and looked good doing it..

In a position now where it doesn't matter unless it is backed up with another win on Saturday.
I believed from the start of the season that our success would be tied to how quickly Jordan could transition from  freshmen to experienced leader...don''t think he has assumed  leadership role yet but hopefully gets there soon...

Really believe we  need  a vocal on court leader (Jordan/Branch) who is less consumed with scoring and has the gravitas to demand the ball when  one our guys is ready to force a shot.

IMO that is when we will be able to take  next  step  and have  sustained success.           
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:55:18 AM by section3 »

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
DR.  Tied for scoring lead.  3 of 5 from three plus did it all in only 20 minutes. We finally had a player make a smart play at the end of the game to secure a win rather than our usual i.e. a player making a dumb play at the end to secure a loss.  That was Sanchez.

Would have given it to Jakarr for the very efficient scoring and two highlight reel dunks but 5 of our 11 total turnovers is just too many.

Jakarr had a really good scoring game but his defense is just god awful. Its pathetic for the type of athlete he is.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
I give it to Lavin.  He got good contributions from so many players that no one really stands out.  I thought his coaching was masterful in that he got a team that always blows the game in the closing minutes to not blow this one.  Great job, Coach!

I can't tell if you really believe this or if you're just trying to bait someone. 
Lavin did a descent job coaching. But when I read this quote I thought Simplyred just forgot to put in LOL.  Regarding Sanchez he looked really good, but I was disappointed w his rebounding.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:06:45 PM by ras »

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »

Jakarr had a really good scoring game but his defense is just god awful. Its pathetic for the type of athlete he is.

Defense is primarily based on instinct and desire.  Obekpa is a great shot blocker because he just has a knavk for it and he loves to block the shot.  He still thinks on defense otherwise.  Jakarr always looks like he is thinking before he reacts.  That's why he is always a step slow on D.  When he eliminates that half second of thinking, he will be better.