« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
It better be!
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Doomed
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
Surprising results so far.  Guess the board isn't as grumpy as it acts

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
Is an 18 win regular season and NIT berth + a win considered a "boom"?  Are we "on the right course" without an NCAA bid and zero incoming recruits?  I'd put us somewhere in between "kinda doomed" and "boomed"

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
Anyone who wrote boom is just crazy. 3-6 in conference . Their are some positives , but way more negatives.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 05:06:42 PM »
Anyone who wrote boom is just crazy. 3-6 in conference . Their are some positives , but way more negatives.

Well it was between that and "Kinda doomed" which I don't think we are.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »
What ever the word is I am not sure . But we are not on the right track . The last few games earned coach a little breathing room.  A deep NIT run is the absolute minimum where I could support this coaching staff.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
What ever the word is I am not sure . But we are not on the right track . The last few games earned coach a little breathing room.  A deep NIT run is the absolute minimum where I could support this coaching staff.

We won 17 games last year, counting the NIT.  If this team doesn't make the tournament but does win 19 or 20 total games, do you support the staff?   If not, I'd say you set your expectations too high (KenPom had SJU as an 18 or 19 win team preseason fwiw)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:18:22 PM by Gray Chudney »

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
We won 17 last year playing in the old big east. It's far from certain getting to 20 wins this year. .500 in this conference with our talent is not a good season and our schedule .

Poison

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »
I voted for starting over after the season. Give me a coach with a consistent plan of attack any day over a full of shit salesman. He cost us last season, and his terrible coaching has cost us this season.

There is no value to Lavin's recruiting ability if he has no idea what to do with the pieces after convincing them to come here.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
I voted for starting over after the season. Give me a coach with a consistent plan of attack any day over a full of shit salesman. He cost us last season, and his terrible coaching has cost us this season.

There is no value to Lavin's recruiting ability if he has no idea what to do with the pieces after convincing them to come here.
But he is creative. Aren't you curious to see him invent a third way to M-U-C-K up a season. I know I am. Maybe he will say we will come out of the gate strong and have a big November and December and than he will rest our top players in January and February while playing walk-ons so we will have a fresh team in March as we miss the Big Dance once again.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:37 AM »

But he is creative. Aren't you curious to see him invent a third way to M-U-C-K up a season. I know I am. Maybe he will say we will come out of the gate strong and have a big November and December and than he will rest our top players in January and February while playing walk-ons so we will have a fresh team in March as we miss the Big Dance once again.

It's a "Montesorri" style of coaching. At least Norm would say the same crap every time: "Give Hofstra a lot of credit. Give DePaul a lot of credit. Give Illinois State a lot of credit. "

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
Anything less than ultimate boom is a major disappointment with this group of players and coaches.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
Anything less than ultimate boom is a major disappointment with this group of players and coaches.

Lavin will call a first round NIT win in "The Boom". 2 wins is the ultimate boom. I see us facing off with Iona in round one of the NIT.

ras

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »
I agree, but we dug ourselves into such a hole,our margin for error is minimal. I feel the odds are against us making the tourney .