Next year!

• 28 replies

hnk

Re: Next year!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »
Diallo who is a Jr. at OSNA  probably has more muscle right now than Chris.  Chris can be great in college  next year,  but he is not ready yet for other things.  He'll figure that out.  Plus next year should be a lot of fun.

uwsfan

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 07:05:14 PM »
Diallo who is a Jr. at OSNA  probably has more muscle right now than Chris.  Chris can be great in college  next year,  but he is not ready yet for other things.  He'll figure that out.  Plus next year should be a lot of fun.

Gee, sounds familiar.

DFF6

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »
I think Obekpa has the ability to develop a decent offensive game. He's got those long arms and he's relatively quick on his feet. If he could develop a mini fade away jump shot within 8-10 feet from the basket, that plus clean up/put back shots around the basket could have him averaging around 10 pts per game.  I'd take that. I think he should ditch that hook shot that he sometimes tries.

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »
I'm hoping Max Hooper realizes that this is not an appropriate level for him to play at. He sounds like a bright kid, so he probably does realize that.
I think max is thrilled with his playing time.  Why would he leave ? I don't think he should play but coach does.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
I'm hoping Max Hooper realizes that this is not an appropriate level for him to play at. He sounds like a bright kid, so he probably does realize that.
I think max is thrilled with his playing time.  Why would he leave ? I don't think he should play but coach does.

He should leave because he's outclassed against every single D1 opponent he's faced from any conference. He was outmatched against Longwood.

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 09:06:36 PM »
Do we really expect to have 13 starters?  He is a decent end of the bench player.  There is nothing wrong with having a decent shooter as your 9th or 10th man.

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »

He should leave because he's outclassed against every single D1 opponent he's faced from any conference. He was outmatched against Longwood.
He has already transferred and redshirted. If he transfers again would have to sit out a year and have only 1 yr left unless he is academically graduating after this yr and in any case doubt you will get your wish. Maybe we can trade him to the Cuse for Trevor Cooney.  :)

SJUFAN

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 11:59:26 PM »
Bismarck Biyombo (6'9 245 defensive PF) was the 7th overall pick based practically solely on measurements.

How do you know this? If that was the case there wouldn't be a need to actually play college basketball. 

Yeah, they never drafted players out of high school or anything like that.

Not based solely on measurements, which was your contention.

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 02:51:29 AM »
Bismarck Biyombo (6'9 245 defensive PF) was the 7th overall pick based practically solely on measurements.

How do you know this? If that was the case there wouldn't be a need to actually play college basketball. 

Yeah, they never drafted players out of high school or anything like that.

Not based solely on measurements, which was your contention.

I think the point he was making was he was extremely raw and was drafted almost completely on potential and his athletic ability. Kind of like how we recruit players here at SJU.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:52:18 AM by redstorm212 »