Georgetown Game - Player of the Game

• 13 replies

desco80

Georgetown Game - Player of the Game
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:37:47 AM »
What a fun game to watch, from an SJU perspective.   My vote goes to Jordan , but I can certainly see why some of you will vote for Harrison or even Sampson.   

Re: Georgetown Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:40:22 AM »
Harrison. Major composure at the end of the game and was the only one scoring for us for a while in the 2nd.

desco80

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:52 AM »
I can definitely see that 212, Dlo was about the only option I really felt comfortable with down the stretch. 

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:47 AM »
Close but I give it to Dlo.  When Georgetown got it down to 7, Dlo took over.  He wasn't gonna let us lose the game.  When Lavin called the TO, as the guys were coming out of the huddle, there was a look of confidence in their faces, especially Dlo and Jordan.  Their confidence is sky high right now.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:00:29 AM »
This is the toughest one yet.  Jordan is a stud...he was amazing.  I can't remember a player with faster hands than him.  He looked so much more talented than anyone on the floor it wasn't even funny.  The GTown players looked out of it...they had this stupid look on their faces all night.  For 2  1/2 years their philosophy was stop Harrison and you win...simple as that.  The first game Jordan was a fraction of what he is now, so they clearly came in with the same battle plan of shutting down Harrison with perhaps also being a little more mindful of  Jordan.  Jordan punched them in the mouths to start the game and kept delivering.  He's been great for a few weeks, but I love that reaction after the dunk.  I think he has turned that final corner.

Then there was Harrison.  I can't say enough how amazing he was.  During this streak Harrison has looked unbelievable...even when his shot is off.  All he needed was a wing man and he has it. He can pick his spots now instead of HAVING to score and also handling the ball.  His basketball IQ is off the charts, and is there anyone better out there at drawing contact?  This might sound crazy, but I'd take him over anyone  in the country--even McDermott--to close out games.  He has an airtight handle...he has a very low dribble....he's bulldog strong so nobody is going to physically prevent him from getting the inbounds pass or strip him after...he's got great hands....and he's money from the line.  44/47 or something like that?  I love how everyone does whatever it takes to get him the ball every time...it's great.

I voted Harrison.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 08:41:55 AM »
#3 Primo, he held it together when Chris and Karr got in foul trouble and had a pretty productive game.

#1a Sheed, his best game yet, he was explosive early and really set the tone.

#1 Dlo, he hit that huge three when they cut it to seven and then hit key baskets or FTs over the next few possesions to help turn the mo back our way.

Honorable mention, Chris for getting that 2x tech with Trawick and sending him to the bench.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
Dead tie - D' Lo and Rysheed.  back court totally dominated on both ends.  A combined 48 points - wow !

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
Got to be D'Lo when GTown made their run he made several big shot to keep us on TOP.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:07:45 AM »
my vote goes to Jordan. When he came out of the game we looked lost and G'Town made their run.

boo3

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 11:09:59 AM »
 Gave it to Harrison.  He hit the shots down the stretch that staved off the ferocious Gtown run

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »
Loved Sheed's game but when the team was on the verge of crumbling Harrison put the team on his back.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »
Sheed and Harrison should be co-players of the game but I went with Jordan simply because when he went to the bench with his third foul that's when GTown made their big push. I feel like he he was able to stay out there they would have never made the run.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »
D'lo. He looked like he was floating in slow motion it looked so easy for him.

He could have pulled a karate kid catching the fly with chop sticks right now he is in such a groove

Moose

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »
Harrison because in the 2nd half when we hit a lull he scored 9 straight points for us. 

Not taking away from Sheed.  If these two are together next year its a Top 5 backcourt in the country.
Remember who broke the Slice news