Contract Extension

• 220 replies

Foad

Re: Contract Extension
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
How do you disagree with Lavin's suspensions if you don't why he suspended the players? No one here was happy with how the season played out last year, but with Norn, we never had a chance to win anything, and 6 years of terrible basketball is undeniable proof.

Lavin is a drama queen. Like all drama queens he magnifies normal situations to create chaos within his environment to deflect possible criticism from his flaws and failures. The personnel stuff happens every year, going back to Norm's players. It's not a coincidence or an isolated event. It's a pathology. Short of Grady Reynolds behavior I don't care what Harrison and Jordan did. Lavin's behavior in hanging them out to dry in public while accepting hosannas for his disciplinary approach was reprehensible. And I don't care that it worked, either. Castration cures rape, but that doesn't justify the treatment.

Sadly, Lavin's hiring was about the best thing to happen to SJ in my lifetime. It gave the program credibility, whereas under Norm it only had integrity. But if Lavin is only going to make the tournament every 4 years when he has seniors, he's not that much of an improvement coaching wise. I'm not sure why you (royal) compare Lavin to Norm anyway. Norm was awful. If Norm is the measuring stick they could have hired any one of a number of knuckleheads who'd have measured up favorably.

The jury is still out on Lavin. He still a chance for a pretty ending.

If it's all the same I'd prefer a happy ending to a pretty one.