Minnesota Game

• 182 replies
Re: Minnesota Game
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »
Good luck with that Tony.. I agree,  halftime adjustment to man D was difference.  Kept team focused on D despite bad shooting night. 

There is not much he can mess up. He has 6 guys basically that he can play and there is not much you can do only playing 6 guys. Less is  more in this case and Lavin can get out of his own way. I still expect some kind of head scratching move a some point though. Maybe start Balamou at center or something.

Lavin was a genius for taking the 2014 recruiting cycle off.

« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »
- Nice to win a game in which defense, rebounding and clutch hustle plays were the key.

- Outstanding rebounding from our guards.  We'll need this all season long to nullify the size disadvantage we'll face in most games.  i.e. Gonzaga
9 boards from D'lo, 7 from Jordan, 5 from Greene, 4 from Branch and 1 from Felix.  That's 26 rebounds from the guard position.  Nice!

- The rotation is so obvious and the substitution options are so limited that it positively cannot be screwed up.
Last nights starting 5 with the Aggie and Mr. Jones off the bench is the only possible way to go.  Hopefully, we'll gain in continuity what we lack in depth.

- Haven't heard it mentioned yet.  But the Gophers had the greatest whistle blower since Edward Snowden in the audience.  Loud, screeching whistles from this guy before each of our free throws was a major factor in the game and the primary reason we missed 8 of 9 Ft's at one point down the stretch.  The savior was particularly rattled by him.  This obnoxious fan nearly won the game for Minnesota.

- Happy Thansgiving all!  Enjoy the game and good luck tomorrow.  I can't go.  :(

« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2014, 10:44:27 PM »
Good luck with that Tony.. I agree,  halftime adjustment to man D was difference.  Kept team focused on D despite bad shooting night. 

There is not much he can mess up. He has 6 guys basically that he can play and there is not much you can do only playing 6 guys. Less is  more in this case and Lavin can get out of his own way. I still expect some kind of head scratching move a some point though. Maybe start Balamou at center or something.

Gonna have to get some bench guys some minutes against Niagara and FDU. Need to get these guys some minutes because they will be called upon sometime in conference play. Particularly Alba, CJ, and Felix.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle