• 16 replies

desco80

Depaul - Player of the Game
« on: January 18, 2015, 10:40:30 PM »
Rysheed.  Thought he played well.

Re: Depaul - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
Write in vote:  Phil Greene

He led the team in scoring, rebounding, had 3 steals and was 6 for 6 from the line. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:55:19 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
D'Lo...again. Because by playing hurt he showed his teammates that you have to gut it out, no matter what.  I'll leave others to discuss if it was a wise decision scoring- and defense-wise. But for the atmospherics and "sending a message" to the team, I thought D'Lo was PotG.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
Who's voting for Da Ali B?  The White supremists?  He went 1 for 5 and missed a wide open 2 ft. layin.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
Who's voting for Da Ali B?  The White supremists?  He went 1 for 5 and missed a wide open 2 ft. layin.

I did. He had more rebounds than the starting center

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »

I feel a stat like that is truly sad. Shows Obekpa doesnt do much else other than block shots.  Always complains and rarely hustles.

Just want to bash Dan "dick" Dakich here where necessary. In the game against Gonzaga this idiot said Harrison plays with no heart and is selfish....and said if everybody had obekpas hustle they would be a top 10 team. Obekpa pouts and complains more than anybody (they all do, but hes the worst) and Harrison cares more bout winning than anyone to wear a St.Johns uniform in a long time. By far Dakich is the biggest ass at ESPN, with Lunardi's ACC bias a close second.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 04:02:47 PM »
Rekognize  :2funny:

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 04:56:34 PM »

Wasnt player of the game but thought he played better than Obekpa. Played well and if he hit any of the 4 he missed we wouldnt be talking about it. You think he played poorly carmine?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »

Your too easy.  I bet you would let a girl sleep with you on the first date if she bought you a fast food dinner and took you to the movies.  Or at least let her do belly shots off you.

20% from the field precludes one from being PoG.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »
Amar got 12 votes. Obekpa had 3 more rebounds than votes

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »

Wasnt player of the game but thought he played better than Obekpa. Played well and if he hit any of the 4 he missed we wouldnt be talking about it. You think he played poorly carmine?

Only saw part of the second half and listened to some on the radio so I don't really know.  Did see him miss a wide open look 2 ft. from the basket.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
I can't fathom picking a POG after a loss---especially such a bad one.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:36 PM »

I think opposing team players should be included.

desco80

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »

We had that a few years ago and people complained.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »

We had that a few years ago and people complained.

People complain about EVERYTHING.

NYCoffey

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
Hasn't been asked in a bit, but is Adonis just done for the year or is there any hope of him being able to play this year.

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
Hasn't been asked in a bit, but is Adonis just done for the year or is there any hope of him being able to play this year.

Why bother? Let him work his tail off to get into basketball shape & come back to take advantage of a good opportunity next season. Will he pay the price or let good fortune pass him by?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:39:35 PM by paultzman »