Big East Tournament bracket (Feb. 8th)

• 11 replies
Big East Tournament bracket (Feb. 8th)
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
Hey guys! Over on the MU board (and Holy Land of Hoops forum), I post a weekly conference tournament bracket each Sunday. Obviously there is a month left in the regular season so plenty of time for things to shake up, but regardless I think it's fun to keep an eye on it weekly. If I remember, I'll be sure to post this over here as well going forward.

Movement since last Sunday:
Butler: +2
Xavier: +1
DePaul: +1
Georgetown: -2
Seton Hall: -2

Wods317

Re: Big East Tournament bracket (Feb. 8th)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 03:16:40 PM »
That's great. Was actually just thinking of the seeding for the tournament yesterday. Think these will change a lot in the next few weeks, league is so competitive.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
ST. John's needs to get into that lower bracket as it is constituted at moment. They can get to the finals

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »
Without UCONN or Syracuse these games should be home games . No reason not to do well .

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:13:17 PM »
This is awesome brother, thanks!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »
ST. John's needs to get into that lower bracket as it is constituted at moment. They can get to the finals

The third place team has only 2 more losses then us, AND we've beaten them twice.  Lots of chances to move up, since we have home games remaining with all the other 6 loss teams.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:49:35 AM »

The third place team has only 2 more losses then us, AND we've beaten them twice.  Lots of chances to move up, since we have home games remaining with all the other 6 loss teams.

As long as they don't have to play Nova in the second round this team can do real damage in the BE tourney, but they have to all be healthy. One player goes down, we go from NCAA to NIT instantly.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 12:53:53 PM »

2 LESS losses then us for Providence, obviously.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
Really good visual.  I think 10 reg season conference wins is a real long shot.   Go 9-9 in conference, grab the 6th seed, make it to conference finals and that gets it done.

Can we go 9-9 and only win 1 BET game and still get a bid?  In that scenario our RPI will be in the mid-high 40s with a top 25 SOS (and 21 wins). 

jr49

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »
Really good visual.  I think 10 reg season conference wins is a real long shot.   Go 9-9 in conference, grab the 6th seed, make it to conference finals and that gets it done.

Can we go 9-9 and only win 1 BET game and still get a bid?  In that scenario our RPI will be in the mid-high 40s with a top 25 SOS (and 21 wins). 
In conference or nationwide, every year, teams play their way in and out of the tourny. To get to 9-9 we will have to finish up 6-3. A win followed by a loss get the number to 7-4 with 21 wins. Coming from 3-6 not much more more could be expected. Of course that means  we get in or not based on the performance of others. Losing to DePaul, Creighton, and Butler twice without a win vs. Duke or the Zags, both at home likely to keep us out.  From what we have seen so far, does anyone on the board think we are a tourny team?

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 04:36:42 PM »

In conference or nationwide, every year, teams play their way in and out of the tourny. To get to 9-9 we will have to finish up 6-3. A win followed by a loss get the number to 7-4 with 21 wins. Coming from 3-6 not much more more could be expected. Of course that means  we get in or not based on the performance of others. Losing to DePaul, Creighton, and Butler twice without a win vs. Duke or the Zags, both at home likely to keep us out.  From what we have seen so far, does anyone on the board think we are a tourny team?

I think our top 6 are as good as 95% of the country. With that said our bench is very under par and our coach has more question marks than a Dr Seuss book. So yea I think well make the tourney.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:43:02 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:44 PM »
Who knows, anything is possible with this team and coach. If they  can their emotions in check, decide to play as a team, avoid injuries, silly fouls, not getting throw out of games, and coach finding clever ways to use his limited bech to give his starters breaks, yes they can finish strong and make the tournament....

But.... Their Mr. Hyde personality  seems to come out right when they are about  to go on a winning streak.
Cougar O' Malley