Canary Island

• 36 replies

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Re: Canary Island
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 12:08:44 AM »
I'm confused

Me too don't get the point of this thread at all.

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 06:16:08 AM »
I am very confused as well. Is this a sima post?

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:42 AM »
We are getting a pro
you think Sima is a pro ?

There is another I believe. maher they hve nice beaches there?
  couldn't even find that place on a map. our vacations are usually more sightseeing unless there is a 1 or 2 day stop along the way like in Uruguay last yr.

Not even sure where the next vacation will be. Either back to Europe because of the weak Euro or Asia. In the meantime I'm going to have to live vicariously through your 5 star vacations :)

Heading to Italy  in October, Aruba somewhere in between.  Ya I have no idea wher the Canaries are
where
 in italy ?

Venice, Florence and Rome. But will be bouncing around
bring your hip waders for Venice. Greenland and Antarctica's ice melt has done a number on it already. It now floods 100 days a year. Such an interesting city.

Get to Murano while in Venice. Not only the glass blowers, but even the hand made lace is fascinating to watch. I was looking at these 3 older ladies hand sewing on a bench - I felt like I was on another planet in a good way.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:12:01 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
We are getting a pro
you think Sima is a pro ?

There is another I believe. maher they hve nice beaches there?
  couldn't even find that place on a map. our vacations are usually more sightseeing unless there is a 1 or 2 day stop along the way like in Uruguay last yr.

Not even sure where the next vacation will be. Either back to Europe because of the weak Euro or Asia. In the meantime I'm going to have to live vicariously through your 5 star vacations :)

Heading to Italy  in October, Aruba somewhere in between.  Ya I have no idea wher the Canaries are
where
 in italy ?

Venice, Florence and Rome. But will be bouncing around
bring your hip waders for Venice. Greenland and Antarctica's ice melt has done a number on it already. It now floods 100 days a year. Such an interesting city.

Get to Murano while in Venice. Not only the glass blowers, but even the hand made lace is fascinating to watch. I was looking at these 3 older ladies hand sewing on a bench - I felt like I was on another planet in a good way.

I work well in floods

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »
If you were going a few months earlier, you could check out the Palio di Siena, the twice annual horse race in July and August. When I was there, some locals told me it is as crazy as advertised.  And the Pasticcerias at the hilly area above the Campo...wow
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:08:33 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
If you were going a few months earlier, you could check out the Palio di Siena, the twice annual horse race in July and August. When I was there, some locals told me it is as crazy as advertised.  And the Pasticcerias at the hilly area above the Campo...wow
you travel exactly how we like to travel. Love doing stuff where the locals go. We actually try and time some of our vacations around specific events in the place we want to visit

boo3

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 02:57:51 PM »
I'm going to freaking Disney World in May. 

Shoot me

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »

Shoot me

Better get a wheelchair

boo3

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »
Why do you say that? Lol

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 03:11:56 PM »
Why do you say that? Lol

Cut the lines

boo3

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 03:16:30 PM »
Oh, I get it.    We paid for those Fast Pass bracelets so we can cut the lines anyway on the rides we like. 

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »
Oh, I get it.    We paid for those Fast Pass bracelets so we can cut the lines anyway on the rides we like. 

Personally I like Universal better. When we go, we go there for 3 days then do however long in Disney.
Universal fast pass is amazing if you stay in one of their resorts. You have an unlimited fast pass. You should see the looks you get from suckers on the line.

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 03:25:28 PM »

I'd love to see Poison's reaction to the morbidly obese people on rascal scooters that get to cut the lines at Disney for being "handicapped"

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »
you travel exactly how we like to travel. Love doing stuff where the locals go. We actually try and time some of our vacations around specific events in the place we want to visit
Excellent MJ. You're right - that's what I like to do as well.

When we were in Florence, after visiting some churches in the morning, I simply started walking around some side streets around lunch time. Since it was during the week, I looked to see where all the Italian workers in their business attire were headed.  I saw one pizza place filled up, so I went in. I had the most delicious fresh arugula, Fruitti di Parma proscuitto and Buffalo Milk Mozzarella on ciabatta bread.  I've been trying to replicate it since to no avail.  Must have been the Florence air - lol. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:45:22 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »
I'm confused

Me too don't get the point of this thread at all.

It's baldi "hinting" that sima is going to commit which has been widely speculated and is expected by many. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »

Shoot me

Eat one night at Boma in the Anjmal Kingdom Lodge - African buffet and really good, plus tons of animals to walk out and see (and night vision goggles to wear if you go at night)
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »

Shoot me

Eat one night at Boma in the Anjmal Kingdom Lodge - African buffet and really good, plus tons of animals to walk out and see (and night vision goggles to wear if you go at night)
Boma and the animal kingdom lodge are my main reasons to go back to disney now that the kids are grown. the chutney and nan bread are amazing
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:33:43 PM by valgoth »