Keon Lawrence - PG - University of Missouri -SETON HALL

• 18 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Keon Lawrence - PG - University of Missouri -SETON HALL
« on: June 28, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this but found it on redyawn.com courtesy of RUSS-SJU :

http://www.zagsblog.net/

Keon Lawrence, a former All-New Jersey guard from Weequahic High, is leaving Missouri and considering several Big East schools near home.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Lawrence led the Tigers with 29.2 minutes played last season as a sophomore, appearing in all 32 contests, including 20 starts. He finished as the team’s third-leading scorer with 11 points per game and a team-leading 307 field goal attempts.

“The reason why he’s leaving Missouri is he kind of wants to come home, family things and stuff,” said Lawrence’s skills trainer Mike Rodgers. “We’re going to concentrate on the Big East as far as his recruitment. We are concentrating on Villanova, Seton Hall, Rutgers and St. John’s, and moving along to looking into Providence, Pittsburgh and Marquette. We have a timetable on how we’re going to do it. I’ve had conversations with a number of Big East coaches.”

Lawrence would sit a year as per NCAA transfer regulations and then have two years of eligibility remaining.

“This is the year you do this,” Rodgers said. “He had two very good years at Missouri. The first year he was injured with a foot injury.”

Rodgers said Lawrence had nothing against Missouri, which granted him his release Friday.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:06:42 AM by JJ »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Re: Transfer from Mizzou to SJU?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:58:03 PM »
I know Keon and he is a player. He has great speed, shot, and big ups. Interesting to see where he winds up.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »
I saw this earlier today and was going to put in the recruiting thread but was unsure what class he is considered to be in.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:25:21 PM »
I saw this earlier today and was going to put in the recruiting thread but was unsure what class he is considered to be in.

Maybe you should start a TRANSFERS section...

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »
I'll see Keon throughout the summer at the JSBL, a league I coach in, so I'll definitely shed some light on this situation.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Keon Lawrence - PG - University of Missouri
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »
Cool.  I'm not a big fan of his game as it was at Missouri (posted about it on my blog a little), but that might have been a function of their offense, where the players jack up shots and get a little out of control.  Not many set plays and a lot of possessions, more freelance than other high octane teams ('Cuse, U Mass, Memphis).

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 04:50:56 AM »
Cool.  I'm not a big fan of his game as it was at Missouri (posted about it on my blog a little), but that might have been a function of their offense, where the players jack up shots and get a little out of control.  Not many set plays and a lot of possessions, more freelance than other high octane teams ('Cuse, U Mass, Memphis).
I agree with you about Mike Anderson.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
"And when you comin around, y'all be sorry fo the things you say. Cause now, no one speak to me that way. I'll be hangin from a ceilin fan. Maybe you right."
-Lil Ze

Just wanna say that Brick City aint produce the level of playa y'all think it should fo a city it size and it demographic. JC and Paterson seem to birth a new star evry year or so. What up wit the bricks? Why Newark aint explodin wit talent? 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kob24

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
yo choz we cool and all but dont u ever eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr post a quote from little ze again.u might as well post a saying from soldier boy or pras or magoo or anyone of those bums.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »
"And when you comin around, y'all be sorry fo the things you say. Cause now, no one speak to me that way. I'll be hangin from a ceilin fan. Maybe you right."
-Lil Ze

Just wanna say that Brick City aint produce the level of playa y'all think it should fo a city it size and it demographic. JC and Paterson seem to birth a new star evry year or so. What up wit the bricks? Why Newark aint explodin wit talent? 

What?

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 07:52:29 AM »
yo choz we cool and all but dont u ever eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr post a quote from little ze again.u might as well post a saying from soldier boy or pras or magoo or anyone of those bums.

Kob, you got me rollin on the flo, brother!
Stay cool. Stay safe. Keep on teachin the right way as always.

-Choz4Life

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 08:07:37 AM »
-Lil Ze

What?

No disrespct. Just sayin, why aint Newark producin mo talent?
Who we got that been stars most recent. Randy Foye? Corey Chandler? Eric Williams? Anthony Avent? Elijah Ingram? Mitch Foster?
I mean Shaq was born in Newark (Brick City) but he dont grow up there much. And St. Benedicts aint a local school at all.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »
-Lil Ze

What?

Who we got that been stars most recent. Randy Foye? Corey Chandler? Eric Williams? Anthony Avent? Elijah Ingram? Mitch Foster?
I mean Shaq was born in Newark (Brick City) but he dont grow up there much. And St. Benedicts aint a local school at all.

I just didn't understand what you were saying. There really isn't any organized ball in those areas, no aau teams, no youth basketball leagues. NJ produces a ton of talent considering the size of the state but you're right there isn't any talent coming out of Newark, Jersey City, or anywhere from that area.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 11:38:15 AM »
-Lil Ze

What?

Ahh, Ingram, talent? I'll take another Mitch Foster. I liked him. Great guy.

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
-Lil Ze

What?

I just didn't understand what you were saying. There really isn't any organized ball in those areas, no aau teams, no youth basketball leagues. NJ produces a ton of talent considering the size of the state but you're right there isn't any talent coming out of Newark, Jersey City, or anywhere from that area.

Well considering St. Anthony is in Jersey City..     its tough to say there is no talent coming from there..      unless you think most of the kids that play there are not local kids...

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
From jeff goodman's blog :

- While Missouri guard Keon Lawrence is saying he is transferring to be closer to home, we’re hearing that he just wants more shots. No surprise. I saw Lawrence score 50 points in an AAU game and walked away in complete disgust. It was one of the most selfish performances I’ve seen in a long, long time.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2008/06/30/NBA_DRAFT_GRADING_A_JOKE

p.s. - Thanks... but no thanks unless this kid is "lights-out" from beyond the arc.. ;) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »
i can imagine his reaction when norm tries to limit him to ten points a game...and the team to 50 ppg.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
i can imagine his reaction when norm tries to limit him to ten points a game...and the team to 50 ppg.

Maybe he'll light it up like Kilpatrick

Re: Keon Lawrence - PG - University of Missouri -SETON HALL
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 12:17:14 AM »
Well I got slightly disappointed today when I found out Keon Lawrence was going to Seton Hall today because I actually just got his services for my summer league team I coach. Brevin Knight and Keon Lawrence backcourt isn't too shabby to go along with 7 footer Adam Chubb who just inked a 2 year deal to play in the euroleague(best league in Europe) for Abla Berlin.

Anyways most of Keon's people are from northern NJ(newark). Rutgers was just too guard heavy for him but a big influence in him choosing Seton Hall was from his friend Jamar Nutter who really did most of Gonzo's work in this case. This should be an interesting match though because the reason Keon left Mizzou was because the coach who had recruited him had left and Gonzo is always walking on thin ice with his antics at Seton Hall. I do think Seton Hall was one of the best fits for Keon though because he should have the green light to run the show there.