Providence Predictions

• 107 replies

Foad

Re: Providence Predictions
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2016, 09:00:54 PM »
Gladly. Lavin realized that Boothe wasn't a BE point guard. (Norm was too stupid to realize that) So, because Hardy had a pretty good handle, and pretty good court vision, Lavin decided to put him at the point, and that's when the season really turned around. Understand now?

No. I'm willing to accept the hypothetical  argument that Lavin was a better coach than Norm, despite the paucity of evidence to support it. I do not understand the actual argument that the 10 player class of professional basketball players that Norm left Lavin with comprised a "pile of shit." Which is what you said. Your move.

Poison

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2016, 09:32:43 PM »
Gladly. Lavin realized that Boothe wasn't a BE point guard. (Norm was too stupid to realize that) So, because Hardy had a pretty good handle, and pretty good court vision, Lavin decided to put him at the point, and that's when the season really turned around. Understand now?

No. I'm willing to accept the hypothetical  argument that Lavin was a better coach than Norm, despite the paucity of evidence to support it. I do not understand the actual argument that the 10 player class of professional basketball players that Norm left Lavin with comprised a "pile of shit." Which is what you said. Your move.

Norm is the coach and the team goes 6-12. Lavin is the coach and the team goes 12-6.

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2016, 09:54:00 PM »
Mussini's gonna have a long road ahead of him if he's looking for substantial minutes next season...   

Non Conference : 30 of 91 (32.9%)   in 13 games
First 6 game: 16 of 42 (38%)
Last 7 games: 15 of 49 (30.6%)

Big East games only

Total Big East 25 of 90 (27.7%)  in 18 games
First 6 games : 13 of 37 (35.1%)
Middle 6 games:  9 of 31 (29.0%)
Last 6 games :  3 of 22 (13.6%)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/3938918/federico-mussini

Confidence has been shot for a while...he has been passing up open looks and way off on the shots he does take...if he doesn't hit open shots, he won't play much...hopefully he gets his confidence back and can elevate his shooting above his peak performance which wasn't that good for a "shooter"...he has shown flashes so we know it is there...hopefully he can rekindle it

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2016, 10:02:38 PM »
Not sure if we have one, but Mussini could definitely use a few sessions on the couch with team sports psychologist like Villanova has.. also note that the psycholgist reviews Coach Wright's talks to the team . might be some value for our staff too and I mean that in a positive way.

http://thebrownandwhite.com/2016/02/28/lehigh-professor-villanova-mbb/

http://www.mainlinetoday.com/core/pagetools.php?pageid=8272&url=%2FMain-Line-Today%2FMarch-2011%2FQ-ampA-Jim-Brennan%2F&mode=print

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:30:08 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2016, 11:55:35 PM »
The only players from this year's team I see getting major minutes next year are Yakwe, Sima, Mussini and Jones. Ellison doesn't look the part of a BE player at this point and has a low bball IQ for the son of a college legend. Him and Alibegovic can transfer and neither loss will be felt.

This season was what I expected for the most part although I thought we'd have 4-5 wins in the BE.
With Ellison, you have to consider the fact that he missed like two years of HS and AAU play. He actually does look like he has some talent.  So I would be surprised if he does not show significant improvement in his Sophomore and Junior years.

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »
I saw flashes with Ellison today. At some points he was able to keep up with Dunn. Other times he was able to run the floor well, also like his height. But also there were just bad moments-lack of awareness and turnovers. But in the good moments I saw potential at least as decent backup one day. Mussini I dont see as much potential unless he gets significantly stronger.

CJ was good today too. Sima and Yakwe with a summer of work will be studs one day. Amar can get better if he keeps working. 

As for Providence they will be bounced in NCAA first round. We were free throws and a couple of good players away from making it a game. Although that number 0 kid was good. No reason we cant wreck them in at least 1 matchup next year with all the talent coming in.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:04:10 AM by friendofjohnnie »

Foad

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2016, 09:28:24 AM »

Norm is the coach and the team goes 6-12. Lavin is the coach and the team goes 12-6.

Q: What does Norm's record have to do with your characterization of Honorable Mention Dwight Hardy et al as a "pile of shit." A: Nothing.

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2016, 10:55:03 PM »
Maybe take Lavin's dick out of your mouth and explain what Lavin did to make Dwight Hardy a better BB player in the 6 months between when he took the HC job and the games started and be specific. Thanks.

He put him into the game.