Team Culture

• 14 replies

hnk

Team Culture
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:10:58 AM »
Tonight at least four staff members and virtually all the underclassmen (Lovett, Owens, Ellison, Sima, Mussini, Holyfield, Yakwe) turned out to watch their brother Shamorie Ponds play and win (20 plus points....a few steals and more assists) his semi-final match-up for the City PSAL Championship.

That's fantastic and bodes well for the future.   It was a great move particularly after tough loss in the afternoon at MSG.

Re: Team Culture
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 12:15:40 AM »
I met Yankuba and Kassoum outside.  Really good kids.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 12:27:38 AM »
Great showing of support for their incoming freshman..

Cohesiveness and team chemistry will go a long way....

Hope this only gets stronger over the coming months

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 12:41:34 AM »
was very nice to hear. young kids seem like good kids

Wods317

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 08:12:51 AM »
That's awesome, this group is going to be easy to root for moving forward.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »
Great turnout for Shamorie on his new home court.  This staff deserves credit for keeping the kids positive and focused during what has been a brutal year.  Lesser teams would have flown apart by now and kids would be at each other's throats. (Seton Hall splintered last year, in the midst of their best start in years.)

Ponds and LoVett will solve our glaring problem at point, our turnovers will be cut in half, and our bigs will be getting the ball where they can score it.  The staff will continue to recruit BE talent, our current kids will learn and grow, the coaching staff will be better with a year under its belt, and the team we put on the floor next year will be unrecognizable when compared to this one.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »
That is really good to hear, good job by the staff and good job by the guys buying in.

hnk

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 11:20:15 AM »
Band of Brothers.....the United Nation(s).

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »
I am so glad they supported him Ponds came to so many of there games this year

He might not be the best player but I feel he is going to be a big help in keeping more players from NYC home

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »
Great turnout for Shamorie on his new home court.  This staff deserves credit for keeping the kids positive and focused during what has been a brutal year.  Lesser teams would have flown apart by now and kids would be at each other's throats. (Seton Hall splintered last year, in the midst of their best start in years.)

Ponds and LoVett will solve our glaring problem at point, our turnovers will be cut in half, and our bigs will be getting the ball where they can score it.  The staff will continue to recruit BE talent, our current kids will learn and grow, the coaching staff will be better with a year under its belt, and the team we put on the floor next year will be unrecognizable when compared to this one.

I think giving the staff credit for the players maintaining a positive attitude is as ridiculous as it is untrue. They gave up in a dozen games this year. The positive attitude is this thank/praise the one above bullshit on Twitter. They played hard in some of the games, but this group didn't play as hard as the previous one, or the one before it.

Hopefully, this season taught them what kind of effort is expected for 40 minutes in D1 ball.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:54:12 PM by Poison »

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »

I think giving the staff credit for the players maintaining a positive attitude is as ridiculous as it is untrue. They gave up in a dozen games this year. The positive attitude is this thank/praise the one above bullshit on Twitter. They played hard in some of the games, but this group didn't play as hard as the previous one, or the one before it.

Hopefully, this season taught them what kind of effort is expected for 40 minutes in D1 ball.

I 100 percent agree.  I will have serious questions going forward if we get buzzsawed by the likes of Incarnate, Fordham, DePaul, random D2 school, and NJIT again.  Ill believe improvement when I see it. Trying to be cautiously optimistic with the talent coming in.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 11:45:18 PM »

I 100 percent agree.  I will have serious questions going forward if we get buzzsawed by the likes of Incarnate, Fordham, DePaul, random D2 school, and NJIT again.  Ill believe improvement when I see it. Trying to be cautiously optimistic with the talent coming in.

We should all be cautiously optimistic, but this ain't f'n Kansas, and we won't be. For those who accept failure, there are several bridges that will lead you out of NY, and to some other pathetic shit town.

Pete88

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »

We should all be cautiously optimistic, but this ain't f'n Kansas, and we won't be. For those who accept failure, there are several bridges that will lead you out of NY, and to some other pathetic shit town.

Seriously, right!!!!!  I envision the bridges would be clogged with young men from all over this glorious country leaving their respective shit towns to come to the big city.  But alas, for the last 30 years SJU has proven to be the shit town and what we have seen is all the NYC young men clogging those bridges to get the hell out of town.   What is this country coming too????

wpc77

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 02:27:34 PM »
Dammit - Brey stole our tagline:

http://ndnation.com/archives/5630

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »
Dammit - Brey stole our tagline:

http://ndnation.com/archives/5630

I thought ours was "It's Lavin's fault."