Strength of Schedule

• 3 replies

LoganK

Strength of Schedule
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:41:34 AM »
This is based off of ESPN's BPI (Basketball Power Index):

7. St. John's Red Storm
Toughest games: at Villanova (Feb. 4), vs Villanova (Jan. 14), at Syracuse (Dec. 21)

After finishing last season 8-24, Chris Mullin and the Red Storm have a difficult path to improve on that record. With teams such as Georgetown and Creighton expected to improve this season, the Big East has the third-highest average BPI of any conference. St. John's doesn't get to play itself, by far the lowest-ranked team in the league. Add in nonconference games against Michigan State and potentially a number of other top-tier programs in the Battle 4 Atlantis, and St. John's has the Big East's toughest overall schedule.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/18009347/college-basketball-toughest-schedules-2016-2017-according-bpi

*Forgive me if this was already posted, and if so, feel free to delete

Re: Strength of Schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 09:38:29 PM »
And they are likely to get a very mad and motivated Michigan St team in the Bahamas who will likely have 2 losses on their resume after opening with Arizona and Kentucky.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:54:45 AM »
And they are likely to get a very mad and motivated Michigan St team in the Bahamas who will likely have 2 losses on their resume after opening with Arizona and Kentucky.

Well our guys, especially from last year should be very hungry, and remembering teams clowning on them.
If I'm someone that was on last years team, I'm on a mission this year, and I'd stay mad all year.

Maybe i'd smile after making the nit, since that's quite an accomplishment after last year.

That's how I am, real hard on myself. I wouldn't get mad at my teammates for celebrating, but me?
I'd have something to prove all year long.

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »

Well our guys, especially from last year should be very hungry, and remembering teams clowning on them.
If I'm someone that was on last years team, I'm on a mission this year, and I'd stay mad all year.

Maybe i'd smile after making the nit, since that's quite an accomplishment after last year.

That's how I am, real hard on myself. I wouldn't get mad at my teammates for celebrating, but me?
I'd have something to prove all year long.

Time for us to step up and fear no team.  We have 4 capable guards now.  We also aren't going to be out-sized nor encounter athletic mismatches.  We may or may not get to where we hope to this season, but no need to concede to schools like Michigan State just because their preseason rank.  Gotta play with a chip on our shoulder now, I agree.