Baylor

• 18 replies

hnk

Baylor
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »
Baylor beat  number 4 Oregon by about 15...we;ll probably have to play them at Atlantis.

Re: Baylor
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 06:31:48 PM »
A good test for our bigs. How they measure up against a big, beefy school. Hold our own, or get pushed around? Probably similar to Michigan State. They always have some huge guys. Good tests.

hnk

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
Two of Mich St's bigs are hurt.

desco80

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »
I watched part of that Baylor game ... if we have to play them next week it could get ugly.  They are definitely a top 25 team.   They're big and they're athletic. 

desco80

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 07:59:42 PM »
And defensively they are plaYing like an experienced team. (Which we are not doing).
Their zone today was quick and disrupting. 

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
And defensively they are plaYing like an experienced team. (Which we are not doing).

If they zone us, they'll have problems.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »
We play Mich St while Baylor plays VCU so we would both have to win or both lose to play each other in the next round. Hopefully in the winners bracket.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 08:25:50 PM »

Baylor is big and long, per usual.  They have a 6th year JUCO who can block shots, as well.  They looked good from the portions of the game I witnessed today against Oregon.  I'm always wary about early season games, as it's not always a barometer on how the season will play out.  There are also times you find out who's overrated and underrated in the early season. 

Nevertheless, if our backcourt can duplicate what they've done against lesser competition, which I have a feeling they can (as, their games seem like it translates against better competition), then many teams are gonna have their hands full.  Zoning could possibly give Baylor issues, if that game comes to pass.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:26:18 PM by mjdinkins »

tnice

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 08:56:23 PM »
Watching MSU vs Kentucky and not impressed with MSU at all. They're a typical Izzo team...gritty, they rebound and defend and the freshmen  is pretty good. But they cant put the ball in the ocean and its not because Kentucky is locking them down. And theyre small. I can see us hanging with them. They wont run away and hide. Of course we may shoot 23% from the field.....

Cautiously optimistic.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »
Mich St. may be young a bit banged up, but they are ridiculously talented and have one of the best coaches in the country.  If we play a solid game against them I'll be very pleased.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 09:08:50 PM »
It would take a small miracle for us to play Baylor.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »
There is a chance that all our games in the tourny will be aired on AXS TV. If you have timewarner like myself then you won't be watching.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 09:18:44 PM »
There is a chance that all our games in the tourny will be aired on AXS TV. If you have timewarner like myself then you won't be watching.

I was thinking the same, 'Mase.  Thankfully, I have DirecTV.  Besides that, I do believe we'll win one game in Battle 4 Atlantis (with the possible chance of two, IMO).

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 09:22:28 PM »

I was thinking the same, 'Mase.  Thankfully, I have DirecTV.  Besides that, I do believe we'll win one game in Battle 4 Atlantis (with the possible chance of two, IMO).

I think we'll have a chance in every game. Which makes it even more frustrating not being able to see it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »
Axs 569 on Verizon

goredmen

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 10:15:03 PM »

No they wont

SJUFAN

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 10:31:31 PM »

What channel is that on DirecTV?

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:08:24 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 11:09:18 PM »

340 on HD.