Ponds, Alkins & Ferguson package could have been?

• 15 replies
Ponds, Alkins & Ferguson package could have been?
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/RedStormFanatic/status/816492101018021889

That link is a screenshot from a Instagram Live video Ponds did where Terrance Ferguson's verified account commented "Why Rawle have to mess it up bro... we was all going to SJU"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:09:57 AM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

Poison

Re: Ponds, Alkins & Ferguson package could have been?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 02:22:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/RedStormFanatic/status/816492101018021889

That link is a screenshot from a Instagram Live video Ponds did where Terrance Ferguson's verified account commented "Why Rawle have to mess it up bro... we was all going to SJU"

I wish Ferguson all the best, but we had our Darius Miles. No point in signing a kid who isn't interested in college. Hopefully, he's able to support his family e the decision he's made. Alkins is full of shit. Arizona. What a joke.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
At one point it was possible kinda sorta.

A former assistant was after Thon, Ferg, and Rawle. He legit had Ferg on the hook but he was never gonna play college. Obviously Thon didn't either. I think Rawle was stringing him along the whole time but that's just my own take. So it was plausible but just unlikely from being realistic. 

Anyways that was fun exchanges between Ferg in Australia and Slick.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »
Slice!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »
If Ferguson had a chance at qualifying he would have accepted one of the many offers he had from schools that have more power with the NCAA and a better shot at getting him eligible.  No chance he would have landed at SJU, and this board would have been going nuts about us saving a slot for a kid who was never playing in college.  Fun to speculate about, but just was not happening.

QuanMan

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »
Hot air from someone who couldn't qualify, moving on.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »
I didn't think Ferg would qualify but NCAA compliance told me he would have. He chose the $$ over school.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
I didn't think Ferg would qualify but NCAA compliance told me he would have. He chose the $$ over school.

To me that's smart, always one major leg injury away from getting a big pro contract.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:28:29 PM »
Arizona is very good, but Alkins cannot shoot nearly as well as Ponds or LoVett. Alkins is a physical beast, but he couldn't have given us what Ponds has so far this year.

goredmen

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 12:16:22 AM »
Arizona is very good, but Alkins cannot shoot nearly as well as Ponds or LoVett. Alkins is a physical beast, but he couldn't have given us what Ponds has so far this year.

Ponds is great but Alkins is a better player

Poison

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 01:22:54 AM »

No he isn't. Alkins is more physical, but Ponds is more polished and well rounded with the ball.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:25:15 AM by Poison »

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 02:25:13 AM »
Ponds is amazing. Sucks we have no frontcourt to help him out.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »

I'd take Shamorie over him. Alkins is a mini Anthony Bennett. The bully ball only takes you so far

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 09:34:59 AM »
I thought Briscoe, Diallo, and Sampson were all coming to save our program.  Having seen them all play now, I'm glad they went elsewhere.  Hopefully we can get good players who will stay four years and work hard and improve every year.

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
I thought Briscoe, Diallo, and Sampson were all coming to save our program.  Having seen them all play now, I'm glad they went elsewhere.  Hopefully we can get good players who will stay four years and work hard and improve every year.
Blueprint is guys like Harrison who can't go to the NBA. Ponds and Lovett should stay 4 years .

goredmen

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 11:21:26 AM »

I'd take Shamorie over him. Alkins is a mini Anthony Bennett. The bully ball only takes you so far

Did you watch Anthony Bennett at UNLV? He was almost dominant. That's why he was the #1 pick but that style wouldn't work in the NBA like it did for him in college.

Everybody was just whining about how we got physically dominated by Xavier and we'd have to become stronger if we're gonna compete against teams like that in the BE. Ponds is definitely the more polished offensive player at this point but Alkins is the athletic freak that won't get bullied, will grab the tough rebounds and will play some D that Ponds doesn't do.