Marquette - Player of the Game

• 9 replies

desco80

Marquette - Player of the Game
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »
At halftime I wouldn't have said Ahmed, because I thought he was forcing too many bad shots, and got away with at least 1 charge. 

But he was more in control in the second half, and took less contested fadeaways.  Overall he probably played his best game in an SJU jersey.

Ponds and Lovett displayed quick hands and I thought we pressured the ball much better.  Both played well.

Marillac

Re: Marquette - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »
Ponds.
Yakwe's performance was refreshing. Where has that motor been all year?

goredmen

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 10:20:25 PM »
Obviously not the player of the game but Owens had as good of a game as a guy can have when scoring 0 points

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 10:24:39 PM »
Tough to pick one tonight.  So many guys contributed.  I'm going with Yawke because I thought his activity in the paint in the first half was something Marquette was not expecting.  At one point we were up double digits in the second half and Lovett had only five points.  That never happens.  The lift we got from Yawke and Ahmed led to a balanced attack and a comfortable W.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
Can see this voting be very split
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:28 PM »
Tough to pick one tonight.  So many guys contributed.  I'm going with Yawke because I thought his activity in the paint in the first half was something Marquette was not expecting.  At one point we were up double digits in the second half and Lovett had only five points.  That never happens.  The lift we got from Yawke and Ahmed led to a balanced attack and a comfortable W.
Thrilled with Yakwe tonight but he had all 14 of his points in first half. Not saying points is all there is but do need to score in second half to win and Ahmed came up with some big baskets including off of offensive board and three point plays to clinch POG for me. Also great games by Owens, Lovett and especially Ponds. Enjoyed this game and win immensely.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 11:42:11 PM »
Not sure who I would give it to. However, I was very pleased to see Yakwe tonight. I was obviously critical of him in the post I started the other day. However, he showed some offensive moves and hustle tonight that I haven't seen until now. I'm glad to see it and hope he keeps it up. He definitely is in consideration for player of the game. However, Ahmed had a good game as well.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 03:06:30 AM »
I gave it to Yakwe because I might not get another chance.  He certainly was the biggest surprise tonight.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:07:04 AM by simplyred »

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 09:44:21 AM »
Last night we saw the new old Yakwe, he gets the vote altho Bash and Shamorie had great games.  Marcus was a tale of two halfs

derk

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
Last night we saw the new old Yakwe, he gets the vote altho Bash and Shamorie had great games.  Marcus was a tale of two halfs

Yakwe's presence allowed the team to play with less pressure. Something we haven't seen this year.