Missing Pieces Longer term

• 208 replies

Foad

Re: Missing Pieces Longer term
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »
Rumor on other site has  graduate transfer Anthony Livingston of Ark. St. in the mix and he'd fill the muscle man need nicely. 

Arrested for punching a cop in the throat last year. Not saying that's disqualifying, just saying.

Moose

« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »
Rumor on other site has  graduate transfer Anthony Livingston of Ark. St. in the mix and he'd fill the muscle man need nicely. 

Next Walter Berry.
Remember who broke the Slice news

jr49

« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2016, 02:46:45 PM »
Its great that we have Owens, a 6'10 athlete, for the next 4 years. I'm excited to see him next year and think he showed some nice skills in the red/white game. Really think people need to slow down though. Poison, after the first exhibition game you thought Mussini was just about good enough to make Lincoln's varsity team. Now you are singing his praises. With an even smaller sample you're comparing Owens to Trevor Ariza.

Mussini has improved as a scorer. Not so much as a point guard or a defender. I'm obviously happy with his improvement, however, since you brought it up, we still don't know if he's ready for the BE. Hopefully, he'll continue to improve. No offense to Trevor Ariza, but I never thought he was Magic Johnson, so IMO this comparison isn't a big deal in the least. I liked the way Owens was able to face the basket, and make smart decisions. From what I saw, he's able to play the 3, 4 or the 5.

Mussini had 7 steals over 2 game span against Vandy + Indy. More than held his own in all aspects of the game. He had one swipe in transition that was a thing of beauty. His hands are really quick and active and his instincts in passing lanes are great. His lack of strength is fixable but that is really only major flaw in his defense that I see.

I think Mussini is going to get beat up in the big east. All the teams will have scouting reports on him. I think they are going to constantly pressure him and wear him down. This board was very happy with Phil Greene his freshman year at PG until the conference started. Mussini is a better shooter at this stage then Greene, but Phil was bigger, stronger , and faster.
Nice to know Muscles gonna get all that attention when ML and Ponds are running with the guys.  He plays 20. The guys will know to come to the ball. I'm thinking it's others who draw the pressure.

« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »

Next Walter Berry.

That would make two of them on next years roster to go along with the best shooter since Mullin. Now we just need the next Wennington, Glass and Mark Jackson.

hnk

« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2016, 08:50:34 PM »
It seems the new staff is doing an amazing/wonderful job.  Has anyone heard about a 1) wide body rebounder and/or 2) a taller point guard being in the mix of future targets.

Seems like we landed  our wide bodies and our taller point guard.  Congratulations to the staff!!!!  Closing in on an almost perfect roster.  Now we need it to jell.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:54:31 PM by hnk »

« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2016, 09:20:34 PM »
Livingston fits the bill for #1 and Simon for #2. 

« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »

Congratulations to the staff!!!!  Closing in on an almost perfect roster.
I haven't been this psyched about the program since Spring 84'.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:14:38 PM by WillieG »

hnk

« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2016, 09:29:51 AM »
Help is on the way with Clarke....Brown...and Simon.

hnk

« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2017, 10:01:10 AM »
The critical missing piece is still a wide body who can catch, be good for five smart fouls a game clogging the middle, and 10 or so rebounds.   I think such a player could have been good for another four or so wins this year.