Bashir Ahmed: X-Factor (NY Post Article)

• 25 replies

Marillac

Re: Bashir Ahmed: X-Factor (NY Post Article)
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 02:20:15 PM »
Bashir named to BE Honor Roll, good for him! Next year he'll blossom IMO.

The potential is there for Bash, Shamorie and Marcus to average between 55-60 ppg next year.

They are at 47.6 ppg right now and a case can be made for Bash averaging 20ppg next year in the same breath as Shamorie or Marcus.

Add in a deeper rotation and another year of experience in Mullin's system for everyone and a the team's average ppg can explode from 77 (current) to 85-90 next year.

Other than all three being here and healthy, I'm not so sure I want them scoring 55-60. I like Ponds at volume, but I think the sweet spot for Lovett is 10-12 with plenty of assists. Ahmed is probably the same depending on Marvin the Martian--who I cautiously optimistic being
our Joey Graham type transfer. Simon will also need plenty of touches. If one of Clark and Simon isn't better than Bash, that is probably bad news.

Foad

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 04:47:50 PM »

The potential is there for Bash, Shamorie and Marcus to average between 55-60 ppg next year.

They are at 47.6 ppg right now and a case can be made for Bash averaging 20ppg next year in the same breath as Shamorie or Marcus.

Add in a deeper rotation and another year of experience in Mullin's system for everyone and a the team's average ppg can explode from 77 (current) to 85-90 next year.

Other than all three being here and healthy, I'm not so sure I want them scoring 55-60. I like Ponds at volume, but I think the sweet spot for Lovett is 10-12 with plenty of assists. Ahmed is probably the same depending on Marvin the Martian--who I cautiously optimistic being
our Joey Graham type transfer. Simon will also need plenty of touches. If one of Clark and Simon isn't better than Bash, that is probably bad news.

Simon only needs to be better than Ellison and Clark better than Yakwe. Ahmed is averaging 16 and 6 in BE play, I'd be surprised if either of them is better than that. BA gets a bad rap. He plays as hard as anyone and doesn't get credit for his production because he looks out of control. He's much better now than he was a month ago and I expect a big year from him next year.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »

Simon only needs to be better than Ellison and Clark better than Yakwe. Ahmed is averaging 16 and 6 in BE play, I'd be surprised if either of them is better than that. BA gets a bad rap. He plays as hard as anyone and doesn't get credit for his production because he looks out of control. He's much better now than he was a month ago and I expect a big year from him next year.

Hey.  Look at me and Doc on the same page in perfect agreement and forging a symbiotic relationship.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »

Lovett could score 10-12 in his sleep, but I would rather he be the lead facilitator as well. The more options he has the better chance we see it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 08:37:55 PM »

Dont think BA has to improve his production at all for next year, just his efficiency.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 04:25:34 AM »
In the last 6 games he is 17-19 on free throws. A great improvement.