96 Tears

• 5 replies
96 Tears
« on: January 18, 2019, 12:44:18 AM »
Garfunkel's Mark Jackson teardrop shot keeps moving further and further away from the basket.  What was a 5 to 8 ft. only shot last year has morphed into a 10 to 15 ft. from the rim try this season.  I'm predicting a one handed teardrop three pointer before the year is out.

Re: 96 Tears
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:38:38 AM »
He has a nice move from behind 3 pt line corner/wing where he’ll have a few hard dribbles and finishes with a nice little pull up maybe 15ft shot. Seems he can get that anytime he wants it.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »
Let me start by saying I really like Simon and what he brings.  He's always working hard and after Shamorie may be the most important player on the team.

With that, he may dictate where this season goes.  The last 2 teams have been so disrespectful to him and it has really slowed our offense.  He's been getting guarded by other teams bigs who are standing at the free throw line waiting for him. When he gives the ball up and moves to the corner the big just stands in the lane in a 1 man zone.  Our driving lanes are getting closed off and Clark is losing his mismatch on the outside.  I thought it was really smart to put Simon as the roll man in the PnR with Shamorie but he has to attack the rim hard and not like a wimp.  While the tear drop shot for him is pretty effective I think it is more of a sign of weakness as he is scared to get fouled attacking the rim

I can't see a team playing any other defense on us for a bit until we really prove to beat it.  When he is dribbling 25 feet away with his defender 10 feet away from him we are going to get a shit shot.  Forget playing him and Keita together because now we are playing 3 on 5.

I have confidence the staff and Simon will figure this out as they've been adjusting to counter attacks all season real well.  It's on the kid to want to be great.

redslope

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 11:09:57 PM »
I got excited--I thought this was a discussion group for "? and The Mysterians"

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 01:40:28 AM »
I got excited--I thought this was a discussion group for "? and The Mysterians"

It's one and the same.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 02:13:19 AM »
LJ also putting up an interesting assortment of teardrops and one handers nowadays.