When will this program get dominant Bigs?

• 27 replies
Re: When will this program get dominant Bigs?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
UCLA has 7'1" Moses Brown. he went to Archbishop Malloy. How did we miss getting him?

He wanted to go to LA.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
They beat Georgetown, UConn, Pitt, Nova, Duke who were all top 15 teams. They lost to Gonzaga playing in Denver after losing their arguably best player the game before.

I think they were pretty good.
Pretty good is not dominant. Gonzaga beat us because their bigs destroyed us which had nothing to do with DJ Kennedy who some of our fans seem to equate with Michael Jordan.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2019, 04:47:05 PM »
In order to have dominant bigs with our staff I'm just going to hope for the rest of the league to shrink 5 inches

cjfish

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »
He wanted to go to LA.

Like another guy 50 years ago

SJUFAN

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 07:46:20 PM »
We don’t need a dominant big. We need some bigs who can defend, rebound, and have some offensive ability.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »
We don’t need a dominant big. We need some bigs who can defend, rebound, and have some offensive ability.

I base it on nothing but I have high hopes for Steere

Poison

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2019, 09:05:12 PM »

That’s it. No reason this staff couldn’t have found a Ty Grant somewhere.

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2019, 10:22:52 PM »
They had two big guys, one who may still be in the league as a 5 and was built like an Adonis and another who was a highly skilled inside/out 4 and probably their best player.  After a few drinks tonight I confess I can't remember their names.

Zags were better than an 11 seed but DJ would have helped in that game for sure.  He was a pain in the neck to play against because his versatility and was a very good rebounder.

Pretty good is not dominant. Gonzaga beat us because their bigs destroyed us which had nothing to do with DJ Kennedy who some of our fans seem to equate with Michael Jordan.