Offer made to Moser: Who is our next coach?

• 7 replies

Tha Kid

Offer made to Moser: Who is our next coach?
« on: April 16, 2019, 09:20:18 AM »
I currently put the odds on this as Moser: 40% - he has the offer but I'm still betting he stays; Cluess: 10% - he's going to ask for more money now due to Moser and still has same buyout, and maybe we don't want to look like we have to have our heads between our legs; Scheyer: 30% - young, cheap, Duke ties; GSJ: 20%: same as Scheyer but no Duke ties.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

Re: Offer made to Moser: Who is our next coach?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
Jon Scheyer cannot be a serious candidate if St.John's is ever going to learn from their mistakes. They can't take a chance on another assistant.

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »
Jon Scheyer cannot be a serious candidate if St.John's is ever going to learn from their mistakes. They can't take a chance on another assistant.

Let's say Moser stays and Cluess either tells St. John's to take a hike or we refuse to pay his rididuclous buy out.  We will be up $#it's creek and need to make an immediate hire...who do we go to?  You're telling me Jon Scheyer and GSJ aren't on the short list at that point?

And for the record, I will take Scheyer or GSJ a million times over the retread names from the last 20 years like Hewitt, Pecora, Matt Doherty, etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:30:41 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

SJUFAN

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 10:48:56 AM »
What is with the love affair with GSJ? This debacle is on him as much as anyone else.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:49:10 AM »
Just brace yourselves for overhyped two and three star players coming here...no four and five stars whatsoever.  Sure, the four and fives will be mentioned as they were with Roberts...but it's just a ploy to keep the kool aid drinkers satisfied.  With extremely few exceptions they're not coming...ever.

Mid-major...

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 10:51:08 AM »
Just hire Arbitello

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »
is there a "none of the above" option?

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
Just hire Arbitello

Talk about slam dunk