Rysheed Jordan

• 9 replies

Poison

Rysheed Jordan
« on: December 02, 2019, 07:48:26 AM »
I saw on Twitter that he’s either out of prison, or getting out very soon.

Personally, I’d welcome him back. He did his time, and he deserves another chance.

Considering how long St.John’s employed Harrington, and he was a career criminal, Jordan should be welcomed back by St.John’s as well.

Crazy as it sounds, could he enroll in the second semester and start playing for us? He didn’t turn pro, and he’s not out of eligibility. He’d probably be better than any guard we have the second he steps on the court.

Re: Rysheed Jordan
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 08:07:13 AM »
Besides the fact he has an attempted Murder rap he has already played pro ball.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 08:12:44 AM »
Besides the fact he has an attempted Murder rap he has already played pro ball.

Didn’t know he played pro ball. Too bad. We could have really used him. I’m sure St.John’s wouldn’t want the negative press that follow it, but Jordan really fits in perfectly with the St.John’s basketball narrative over the years. From Jayson Williams to Ron Artest, to Pittsburgh, we’ve made our mark,
at least on something.

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:03:27 AM »
I don’t think he deserves another chance. He robbed someone with a gun. However for a second when it was mentioned that he had eligibility left I was all for him playing for us. He could have been just what this team needed.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 02:07:38 PM »
His NCAA clock would have expired. The only exception I've ever seen for the eligibility clock is service in US Military.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 11:57:30 PM »
Glad to see my man Sheed is out of prison. I hope the experience enlightened him a bit and he takes very opportunity to thrive with a second choice. Has been difficult road with his family and his Mom passing last year so hopefully he can be there for his family now. Wish him all the best. One of the most raw talented players we have had at the guard position. Lottery talent if he refined himself. Let’s see what he does with his next chapter.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 12:34:36 AM »
Glad to see my man Sheed is out of prison. I hope the experience enlightened him a bit and he takes very opportunity to thrive with a second choice. Has been difficult road with his family and his Mom passing last year so hopefully he can be there for his family now. Wish him all the best. One of the most raw talented players we have had at the guard position. Lottery talent if he refined himself. Let’s see what he does with his next chapter.

+1

He was a Jakarr Sampson dunk away from leading us to an MSG win over Syracuse. He’s still young.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 10:49:39 PM »
Getting to play w/ local semi pro ABA team in Camden, NJ

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ABzrrBoIK/

Rodman

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 01:08:14 AM »
Good for him.  Hope he has learned from his mistakes and makes the most of this opportunity.