Who is our best player in 2021?

• 11 replies
Who is our best player in 2021?
« on: May 26, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »
Was thinking about this and who is our alpha next year? Who is our go to guy? I'd be curious to everyone's perspective
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Johnny23

Re: Who is our best player in 2021?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »
Next year will most likely be ABC (Alpha by Committee). Certain nights it will be Dunn, then Champagnie, then Earlington, Williams, Cole, etc. Some players will surely assert themselves and become our go to guys.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 11:33:03 PM »
Was thinking about this and who is our alpha next year? Who is our go to guy? I'd be curious to everyone's perspective

I’m hoping it’s Vince Cole or Posh Alexander. I haven’t seen what they can do under pressure, but we didn’t have an alpha last year, and it clearly cost us a successful season.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 04:27:05 AM »
Our best scorer will be Cole. Our best player will probably come out of the Champagnie, Earlington, Alexander, Cole, Williams, and Toro group.

Smart money is on Cole. Champgnie is a safe choice. Toro and and Alexander could really surprise.

Nobody benefits more from a roster that is without Heron and LJ more than Williams is he can become more aggressive. He’s been so timid thus far.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »
Don’t think there’s any chance he leads us in scoring and probably a good chance he doesn’t lead us in anything, but I think Greg Williams will be our best overall player w/out LJ.

Julian, Marcellus, and Dunn should be able to get 10-12 points consistently. Hopefully Cole can emerge as the go to guy and be capable of going for 15-20 on given nights.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »
I would love if it isn't any of the standard names we are expecting, as that means people stepped up. 

I think best player may end up being Earlington as he can play multiple positions and has a soft hands. 

I would hope we are pleasantly surprised by Wusu (who will get minutes), Caraher (make that leap son) or McGriff (love some competent real PG minutes). 

Cole is a real wildcard.  Could he give us a Dwight Hardy season out of nowhere? 

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
Champagnie’s team now. St John’s will take its lumps this year, but the kids need the experience. Team is 1 year away from making some noise

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »
Don’t think there’s any chance he leads us in scoring and probably a good chance he doesn’t lead us in anything, but I think Greg Williams will be our best overall player w/out LJ.

Julian, Marcellus, and Dunn should be able to get 10-12 points consistently. Hopefully Cole can emerge as the go to guy and be capable of going for 15-20 on given nights.

Cole and Champ have pretty high floors, so if somebody told me right now that our best player would be Posh or Williams, I think that is the best possible scenario.

Williams needs to borrow some Dunn’s lack of conscience.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »
Cole and Champ have pretty high floors, so if somebody told me right now that our best player would be Posh or Williams, I think that is the best possible scenario.

Williams needs to borrow some Dunn’s lack of conscience.

Agree on Williams, if he gets off to a good start it could go along way.

I like posh a lot but think there will be plenty of growing pains year one. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 12:53:26 PM »
I know he will be only a sophomore , but to me this is Julian‘s team....would love for Cole or posh tp come out as our best player/scorer,  but in terms of alpha, it’s Julian all the way for me

sju89tr

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 11:04:40 AM »
Greg Williams has great basketball ahead of him if we can get him 30 min a game.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 12:55:53 PM »
Agree on Williams, if he gets off to a good start it could go along way.

I like posh a lot but think there will be plenty of growing pains year one. 

I think Posh will be ready to rock from the first practice. He’s a tough kid to predict averages for because he looks happier handing off easy baskets to teammates, but I think he’ll score 15+ at least 10 games.

Small guards usually hit the ground running. I think we have to brace for 3.5 turnovers per game though.