Leading Scorer 20-21

• 24 replies
Re: Leading Scorer 20-21
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »
Really? Who would have guessed?
St. John's fan.  Pessimist by definition.

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 07:34:41 AM »
Hardy yes. All day. I don’t want any version of LJ. We don’t need selfish players with delusions about how good they are.

Lol
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 03:42:48 PM »
JC’s team now

If it would be any returning Coach Anderson recruit, Julian Champagnie would be great for his program.

A no name recruit who became of the best forwards in the conference by the end of the season.

I think this happens for two reasons: high school basketball player evaluators simply don’t see enough of a kid’s game, or they don’t see enough after the kid has improved.

Closer to accurate, instead of 300 (or so) I think Champagnie should have been ranked around 50 nationally.

Here’s hoping there’s a season.

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 05:23:02 PM »
If it would be any returning Coach Anderson recruit, Julian Champagnie would be great for his program.

A no name recruit who became of the best forwards in the conference by the end of the season.

I think this happens for two reasons: high school basketball player evaluators simply don’t see enough of a kid’s game, or they don’t see enough after the kid has improved.

Closer to accurate, instead of 300 (or so) I think Champagnie should have been ranked around 50 nationally.

Here’s hoping there’s a season.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Champaigne showed some nice promise and had some good games towards the end of the season. There is some potential. He looked pretty bad midseason and during  a good portion of conference play. Let's hope he learns how to create his own shot and can stick a jumper consistently.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 07:35:34 PM »
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Champaigne showed some nice promise and had some good games towards the end of the season. There is some potential. He looked pretty bad midseason and during  a good portion of conference play. Let's hope he learns how to create his own shot and can stick a jumper consistently.

Yes, that’s my point exactly. He started off well. He was grabbing 9/10 boards a game vs cup cakes. Then the BE started, and he was overwhelmed. Coach benched him, but the real story is how he responded to being benched.

I judge him by how he responded to that feedback, because I’m not used to seeing that kind of progress in a freshman.

We need another 10 guys with JC’s attitude.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:28:17 AM by Poison »