Marquette 1/31/21

• 48 replies

Poison

Re: Marquette 1/31/21
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
10 years and counting coming here and its the same thing over and over but for some reason Coach Anderson is held to such a higher standard but we gave the legend a pass and came up with every excuse in the book for him, lavin just stopped recruiting , norm was the nice guy we kept too long. but in year 2 during a pandemic we have people calling for Anderson and now that he wins some games they are quiet but if we do lose these next 2 they will be first too post after each game

In fairness, when Lavin had that great freshman class, I expected them to win immediately. I think we all did. They won 5 games. No post season.

When Mullin had Shamorie and Marcus in the backcourt, we were taken by their talent, we absolutely expected to win that season. They won 7 games. No post season.

I think expectations are similar this season, despite our freshman backcourt. No post season = failure

Fair is fair.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2021, 04:21:46 PM »
Geno brought it up, Showtime played the two, and Cedric Jackson played the three.

He couldn’t shoot. He couldn’t finish. But man, he could defend. I tenement his d soph year @ UConn on Rudy Gay.

Sadly, there wasn’t much else he was able to contribute and Norm didn’t see the potential he apparently had.

Cup of coffee in the NBA is as good as a LOT of our best players over the years. 

CUPS OF COFFEE [This century]
Shamorie Ponds
Miles Simon [Dont think so, definitely G-League]
Jakarr Sampson
Maurice Harkless [Our success story, but his stat lines are poor when he plays for Heat this year]
DJ Kennedy [made more $ in those other leagues]
Omar Cook
Darius Miles [Throw him in there]
Lavor Postell [Fixture on the Knicks bench]
Erick Barkley
Ron Artest [Long time NBA player who represented St Johns in the college category]

Guys who should have done better, maybe, but just shows how tough it is. Did I miss anyone?

Foad

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 04:35:27 PM »
Shamorie Ponds
Jakarr Sampson
Maurice Harkless [Our success story, but his stat lines are poor when he plays for Heat this year]
Omar Cook
Erick Barkley
Ron Artest [Long time NBA player who represented St Johns in the college category]

Guys who should have done better, maybe, but just shows how tough it is. Did I miss anyone?

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Big-East-Conference/59/St-Johns/75/nba-players

Poison

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 05:59:34 PM »
Shamorie Ponds
Jakarr Sampson
Omar Cook
Erick Barkley

James Scott, Zendon Hamilton, Chudney Gray.

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2021, 12:50:20 AM »
Why can’t we be excited for the program and always are so quick to bash the team? When we were losing these boards had so much more posts we even had our fearless leader make a post about how we would compete with the younger talent in future years after a loss. But now we win 4 in a row / we don’t have game threads made, people don’t post as much. We are 11-7 5-6 in the big east tied for 6th with 2 games against a top 3 team in country and another bubble game this week. Let’s forget the Agenda bullshit half the people have on this board and talk about the huge opportunity we have coming up this week.

I think you're the only person posting with an agenda.

When we lose we talk about losing

We we win we talk about winning.

Win or lose we talk about talent and coaching.

People will have varying opinions that's why we have boards of discussion.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2021, 02:50:11 AM »
We were picked to finish 9th out of 10th! What does that say about the 2 all big east pre season he inherited?
Not much.  However, it does speak volumes about BE coaches opinion of CFC and his projected inability to thrive out of the gate on Union and Utopia

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2021, 08:00:55 AM »
[
I think you're the only person posting with an agenda.

When we lose we talk about losing

We we win we talk about winning.

Win or lose we talk about talent and coaching.

People will have varying opinions that's why we have boards of discussion.

LOL Ok bud keep telling yourself that. We are winning games and you disappeared or talking about the fantasy land schedule how we would have got blown out by Texas tech and should have lost to butler in normal year what does that have anything to do with talking about “winning when we win”. Bought nothing to table these past 5 wins we had but you will be first tonight if we lose I’ll tell you that much.

Anyway enough time spent on you....Gameday tonight a lot of hype with this one Zach with a good piece and on the nova boards they had a podcast, worried about Posh and Julian but the rest of our team not so much at all. Going to need a 3rd scorer have a big game. Hopefully Greg back tonight to open up the spacing to keep us honest from 3 tonight. REBOUND THE BALL and please no McGriff or Toro tonight.

Let’s get this win!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:27:21 AM by talkbigeast »

Johnny23

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2021, 08:52:02 AM »
[

LOL Ok bud keep telling yourself that. We are winning games and you disappeared or talking about the fantasy land schedule how we would have got blown out by Texas tech and should have lost to butler in normal year what does that have anything to do with talking about “winning when we win”. Bought nothing to table these past 5 wins we had but you will be first tonight if we lose I’ll tell you that much.

Anyway enough time spent on you....Gameday tonight a lot of hype with this one Zach with a good piece and on the nova boards they had a podcast, worried about Posh and Julian but the rest of our team not so much at all. Going to need a 3rd scorer have a big game. Hopefully Greg back tonight to open up the spacing to keep us honest from 3 tonight. REBOUND THE BALL and please no McGriff or Toro tonight.

Let’s get this win!

Yes Williams would be a welcomed return. 3rd option is key. Let' s see how Wusu does tonight. Plays with great energy.

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2021, 11:30:10 AM »
Not much.  However, it does speak volumes about BE coaches opinion of CFC and his projected inability to thrive out of the gate on Union and Utopia
Tired refrain.