Hoiberg and Matt A

• 8 replies

Marillac

Hoiberg and Matt A
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:08:03 AM »
Nebraska is 0-7 in the Big Ten this year with an overall record of 3-10 against D-1 competition.  Last year they were 2-18 in conference and 7-25 overall.

At Iowa State, they started 16-16 year one and then 23-11 with an NCAA tournament appearance year two.

One would think that they are better coaches with the extra decade of experience.  It just goes to show that there are many factors that go into how successful a new staff is. The situation is a bit more nuanced than many of our fans would like to admit.

Re: Hoiberg and Matt A
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
The outrage of this fan base if these were are results would be wild. They will been canned next year after finish in the cellar of big ten again. They should have never got rid of Tim Miles. Nebraska is a hard place to win and he had them somewhat respectable with two NIT’s and a NCAA berth.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »
The outrage of this fan base if these were are results would be wild. They will been canned next year after finish in the cellar of big ten again. They should have never got rid of Tim Miles. Nebraska is a hard place to win and he had them somewhat respectable with two NIT’s and a NCAA berth.

Oh, they’d be toast here.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 10:44:19 AM »
With Penn State on the bubble at 7-9 and Lunardi has them ranked ahead of us. Could use some Cornhusker magic to kill there tourney hopes and have one less team to worry about on the bubble. Game is tomorrow.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 01:32:51 AM »
Their top 7 scorers are all transfers.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 04:33:43 PM »
Huskers up 11. About 8 min left.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 05:00:02 PM »
Cornhuskers big win! Knocks Penn State off the bubble one less team to worry about. First Big ten win since Jan 7 2020

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
Their top 7 scorers are all transfers.

Not surprising with Matt A heading up recruiting and a big void to fill after Miles was replaced.

If they are going to have any success there they will have to get a healthy dose of transfers, because Nebraska is not an attractive school for top talent.

I do think they will dance there at some point.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »
Not surprising with Matt A heading up recruiting and a big void to fill after Miles was replaced.

If they are going to have any success there they will have to get a healthy dose of transfers, because Nebraska is not an attractive school for top talent.

I do think they will dance there at some point.
Maybe but if I'm not mistaken they have a 4 and a 5 star recruits coming in next year.