Sarah Palin

• 85 replies

Marillac

Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2008, 11:44:38 AM »
maybe your standards of what america should be are lower than hers.

It's not a matter of standards.  Who is 100% satisfied with their country anyway?  I would like to see some changes, but to say I have never been proud of my country would be ridiculous.  I can't believe you are even trying to defend such a comment.  There have been plenty of moment in Michelle Obama's life that she could have been proud of her country.  Her husband was elected senator, her brother was hired by two very large universities to be the head mens basketball coach just 40 years or so removed from the civil rights struggle.  

The woman rose from a blue collar southside Chicago beginning to multi-millionaire and soon-to-be first lady, in what other country could that happen?

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2008, 12:20:23 PM »
i'd guess her feeling at the time stemmed from something i'll paraphrase.  chris rock saying "i have all the money i want...all the cars...the big house...all the women...and there isn't a white guy in the room who'd trade places with me."

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »
but to move the conversation back to palin and love of country.  why do you think she backed a secessionist movement in alaska if she loves america so much?

in my neck of the woods, that's treason.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »
On the secessionist movement and the Alaska Independence Movement's close proximity to Palin in Alaska:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/10/10/palin_chryson/ (an ad comes up for a second, and then you can read the article for free.)

Randomhero423

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2008, 05:56:40 PM »
and plus michelle said it was the first time she was really proud.  so technically she was proud before.

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2008, 06:09:10 PM »
and plus michelle said it was the first time she was really proud.  so technically she was proud before.

yeah but has she ever been really really proud? ;D
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!