Hot off the presses....

• 8 replies

nrb155

Hot off the presses....
« on: December 20, 2007, 12:53:20 PM »
so i wake up this morning and i go get the mail....i find the usually thursday delievery of Sports Illustrated...as i am browsing through the pages i come across the weekly "who's hot, who's not" page...the first thing the catches my eye is the last paragraph in the "who's not" section...and it reads Redmen.  At first i thought we might be sparred the embarassment because as i read it starts talking about chris redman, the new falcon's QB....HOWEVER...as i keep reading... AND THE ST. JOHN'S RED STORM HOOPS TEAM LOST TO NIAGARA FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1963--WHEN THEY WERE THE REDMEN....................well i see we have made S.I for the first time since felipe lopez....good job guys............ ROCK F---ING BOTTOM

HTGS_says_shutup

Re: Hot off the presses....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »
so i wake up this morning and i go get the mail....i find the usually thursday delievery of Sports Illustrated...as i am browsing through the pages i come across the weekly "who's hot, who's not" page...the first thing the catches my eye is the last paragraph in the "who's not" section...and it reads Redmen.  At first i thought we might be sparred the embarassment because as i read it starts talking about chris redman, the new falcon's QB....HOWEVER...as i keep reading... AND THE ST. JOHN'S RED STORM HOOPS TEAM LOST TO NIAGARA FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1963--WHEN THEY WERE THE REDMEN....................well i see we have made S.I for the first time since felipe lopez....good job guys............ ROCK F---ING BOTTOM

there was a great article in SI about SJU in 1999. look it up.. the title of it is "hell week" i believe.  it chronicles our week where we played #1 duke on a sunday at msg, at syracuse mid week and vs #2 Uconn in msg the next saturday.  its really a fantastic article.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:02:02 PM »
Didn't we lose to Niagara in the Mullin years?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »
Didn't we lose to Niagara in the Mullin years?

yes, but it was on the road.  we also lost to them in the 1997 holiday fest at msg, by 23 points.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:17:36 PM »
so it should read first time we lost to them at home since 1963
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »

"For the first time since 1963"

Yea, right.

nrb155

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »
excuse me the quote is "at home" and by at home i'm assuming they mean at carnesecca...regardless

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 11:59:02 PM »
we also lost to them up there in 2004 remember being a freshman and hearing the news we lost during a volleyball game so sad

Poison

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »
excuse me the quote is "at home" and by at home i'm assuming they mean at carnesecca...regardless

It's still wrong to say at home. The Garden game in 98 was a home game, and they kicked the crap out of us.