MSG is no longer our home

• 2 replies
MSG is no longer our home
« on: December 21, 2007, 12:52:58 AM »
Sickens me that every friggin team in the world comes into our home to play their games. Pitt and Duke tonight, God knows how many other tourneys, and other crapola. Just makes me sad, that every team in the country comes here and Pi**es on our home turf. I know MSG is a business, and all that jazz, but it's just sad that we can't even hold a candle in our own building. Norm is not the answer. I've been trying to be patient, but, I think it's time to face facts. We need a BIG name, Big East coach to come rescue this program before it becomes completely irrelevant. With the Knicks where they are, SJU should be picking up the slack, but we're just as bad. A pimple on the ass of college basketball. Disgusting.  >:(

Re: MSG is no longer our home
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:34:32 AM »
believe me, im starting to become a big norm critic, but the fan support and garden thing isnt mostly norms fault.  it goes a lot deeper than that:

fans of the sju program need to be treated better and with more respect.  transportation (or more of it) should be provided from the jamaica campus to the garden and ticket prices need to be lowered.  also, the crowd in the garden tonight (especially duke fans) were in their teens, meaning this has become the model program during their lifetime in the country. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

Re: MSG is no longer our home
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:15:56 AM »
Sickens me that every friggin team in the world comes into our home to play their games. Pitt and Duke tonight, God knows how many other tourneys, and other crapola. Just makes me sad, that every team in the country comes here and Pi**es on our home turf. I know MSG is a business, and all that jazz, but it's just sad that we can't even hold a candle in our own building. Norm is not the answer. I've been trying to be patient, but, I think it's time to face facts. We need a BIG name, Big East coach to come rescue this program before it becomes completely irrelevant. With the Knicks where they are, SJU should be picking up the slack, but we're just as bad. A pimple on the ass of college basketball. Disgusting.  >:(

There have been games like last night at the Garden for decades. What is the big deal?
Pitt is very good.