Does Norm read Johnny Jungle?

• 5 replies
Does Norm read Johnny Jungle?
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:44:10 AM »
Johnny Jungle Preview of Hawaii....

www.johnnyjungle.com/hawaii

"St. John’s shouldn’t have a problem taking Hawaii off the dribble either as they are a far superior athletic team and maybe St. John’s can actually get to the free throw line more than 20 times."

Post Game Article in Hawaii....

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071222/SPORTS0204/712220355/1032/SPORTS0204&template=UHsports

"In contrast, the Red Storm shot 60 percent from the field yesterday, including 71.4 percent (15 of 21) in the first half. Most of the St. John's baskets came off drives to the rim.

St. John's head coach Norm Roberts said it was part of his game plan to beat the Hawai'i defenders with one-on-one drives.

"We thought we could spread them out ... and maybe our foot speed would be a factor for us," Roberts said. "And it was. Once we got the court spread, we were able to beat them off the bounce."

Nineteen of St. John's 24 field goals came from within five feet of the rim."

Its safe to say Norm doesn't read this stuff but Johnny Jungle will continue to give on point analysis pre and post game for all to read for free
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Does Norm read Johnny Jungle?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »
also all of the links were wrong on the bottom half of the page on the main page. Redirecting you to the wrong articles. I fixed the problem and apologize for that.

Dan

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:13:48 AM »
JJ I'm pretty sure the staff reads redmen.com, bigeastboards.com, and this site.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 02:29:29 AM »
it was more of a joke on my end. I highly doubt he reads anything on here. I know from my time working in athletics you are to sign an agreement of confidentiality and in there prohibits the use of message boards. I know if you were caught on a site like this you were let go immediately no questions asked. I'm sure there have been a few mgrs and student workers in the past few years who have gotten the boot for leaking info on sites though. So I know they are aware of the sites but I don't think they read them.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 05:37:03 AM »
im sure they can read them.  "the use of message boards" probably means posting on them.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:35:06 PM »
im sure he does and plans on executing a game plan, but when the game starts, he automatically shifts back to the same habbits....over playing on D, passing the ball around and hoisting 3s, and poor substitution patterns when the game is close.