Choz4Life's MCP: Most Consistent Playa

• 14 replies
Choz4Life's MCP: Most Consistent Playa
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:15:08 PM »
Y'all know how I dont make no public predictions when it come to games, seasons or even playas on any level.

There a simple reason fo that: Im one of the few that'll admit I dont know evrytin. So I aint gonna go round prognosticatin and whatnot. Dont do nuthin fo me.

Case in point wit this here subject. Who is the MCP - Most Consistent Playa for St. John?

Y'all woulda been shocked to think back in October or before, but the MCP is no doubt.... DJ KENNEDY.

Now I aint eva seen the brutha play fore his first St. John game so I didnt know what we was gettin. But man, it nice to be surprise.

The kid can straight up ball. He been our most aggressive playa since DAY ONE. He push. He drive. He bound and astound. He even make some outside Js even though they flat.   

Now Larry look like an all-star one game and a bench playa the next. JB got hisself some mad talent and he put up impressives numbers. Geno come and go. And Mase still gettin his game on.

But DJ has been consistent day in and out. BE season gonna start soon and maybe his numbers go down. But his heart aint. And that a prediction Ill be glad to make.

Peace Out!

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Randomhero423

Re: Choz4Life's MCP: Most Consistent Playa
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »
esp. getting him late in the game.  great pick up by norm.  this class is def talented.  we still need that one superstar guy to build around.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »
He's Mr. Consistent as a freshman.  That's very promising.  If he continues to develop, he could go down as an all-time great.  I love his hustle and his ability to attack the boards.  For a 6-6 guy, he can also handle the ball.  What a pleasant surprise!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »
X-Man
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »
I said this a few days ago that he is gonna get better every year and by the time it's all said and done he will have carved out a nice spot in our programs history much like a Lavor Postell. I'll sign up for a player like him who comes without much fan gare and gets better every year and plays for four yrs.

kob24

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »
my mcp is tomas u know he gonna pick up at least 4 fouls. thats consistent

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
I think Dele has tomas beat in that department

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
sean evans is a close 3rd..

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 01:36:33 PM »
Great post Choz -- I really think DJ has been a great surprise for us, and I think getting Mase back will ONLY help Kennedy - give him something to strive for in his development as a player on our team.  I think Mase and Kennedy will fight for most consistent player as the season goes on, and that's only a good thing for us.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »
I said this a few days ago that he is gonna get better every year and by the time it's all said and done he will have carved out a nice spot in our programs history much like a Lavor Postell. I'll sign up for a player like him who comes without much fan gare and gets better every year and plays for four yrs.

I hears ya bre. But DJ more advanced than Lavor as frosh. Tru.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 11:01:19 PM »
i agree with dj being the most consistently SOLID player on sju.  hes done a little bit of everything.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 11:21:44 PM »
talk about being a jinx choz

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 09:10:41 AM »
talk about being a jinx choz

Straight up bre. Last time I do this. 

Poison

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 02:26:43 PM »
Y'all know how I dont make no public predictions when it come to games, seasons or even playas on any level.

There a simple reason fo that: Im one of the few that'll admit I dont know evrytin. So I aint gonna go round prognosticatin and whatnot. Dont do nuthin fo me.

Case in point wit this here subject. Who is the MCP - Most Consistent Playa for St. John?

Y'all woulda been shocked to think back in October or before, but the MCP is no doubt.... DJ KENNEDY.

Now I aint eva seen the brutha play fore his first St. John game so I didnt know what we was gettin. But man, it nice to be surprise.

The kid can straight up ball. He been our most aggressive playa since DAY ONE. He push. He drive. He bound and astound. He even make some outside Js even though they flat.   

Now Larry look like an all-star one game and a bench playa the next. JB got hisself some mad talent and he put up impressives numbers. Geno come and go. And Mase still gettin his game on.

But DJ has been consistent day in and out. BE season gonna start soon and maybe his numbers go down. But his heart aint. And that a prediction Ill be glad to make.

Peace Out!

-Choz4Life

Back in October, or even last year we had no zero consistant players.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:27:10 PM by Poison »

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07098/776158-361.stm

D.J. Kennedy
  School: Schenley
 Year: Sr.
 Pos: Guard
 Ht: 6-5
 College: Has not made a decision. Plans to visit Virginia Tech and possibly Xavier. Georgia also is starting to show interest.
 The Skinny: Has good size for a guard and excels at driving to the basket. Made Fabulous Five as a junior and senior. This season, helped Schenley win its third consecutive City League championship and first PIAA title since 1978. Led team in scoring at 17.2 points. Scored 1,422 career points.
 What was the key ingredient in winning the PIAA title? I think one was all the starters being from the same neighborhood [Hill District]. We had good team chemistry.
 Favorite place to eat: Golden Corral in Monroeville.
 Favorite TV show: ESPN's SportsCenter.
 Something, or someone, that bothers you (pet peeve): People who just hate others and don't want to see others succeed in life.
 Last artist/song you downloaded: Lil' Wayne.
 Last movie you saw/rented: "Norbit" (with Eddie Murphy).
 People might be surprised to know that you ...: Had straight A's in school last semester and my grade-point average overall is better than 3.0.